What clutch should I get????

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
Well I took the car to the track and my clutch decided to take a shit on me. I can drive the car but I sounds like it's falling apart lol and I have to relase it almost all the way for the car to even move.

What do you guys recomend is a good clutch for my car?

Mods= KB, gears, meth, nitrous, and bolt-ons

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I recommend this..

mac-n-cheese1.jpg

Won't help you with any of your issues..but damnit its mac and cheese! You'll feel like a new man and forget those issues in no time!

:p

btw..I need to swing by your work again sometime and pick up some of this stuff...its soooo good.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I had a centerforce clutch in my last car, I liked it alot.

My new one has a spec 3+.. That clutch is a go or no go.. It grabs super hard..

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Iv been thinking about that clutch. What do you mean it's a go or no go?

There is no gradual 'grabbing' of the clutch

its either engaged or disengaged.

Little trickier to drive, but when you get used to it, there is no problem. Grabs harder so its better for racing..no slipping.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I have a spec stage 2 plus. I love it, its a full face clutch with a lil give in it and its still strong. That or a centerforce dual friction.

96S/Cobra

Established Member
I had a Spec stage 3, I hated it. Like was already stated, it's an on/off style clutch. Try to take off smoothly.....not going to happen. Try to take of on a hill of any sorts without bucking/chattering/jumping....not going to happen. Now it does get a bit better after say 2k miles, but it will never be easy/smooth/etc. It makes you look like you don't know how to drive a stick, at least that's my opinion, because of the way it chatters and the car bucks trying to get a smooth release and engagement of the clutch upon take off.

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
I was also thinking about zoom, any good?

Thanks for the advice guys, I still do not know what to do I want to keep as much drivability og the car and lower my ET's as much as I can :(

I know I know LOL one or the other

SVT CAMR

Established Member
I was looking at the Mcleod disk 11" #260571 Dual friction (Ceramic & organic)
I was talking to the tech at mcleod. I was asking if all the pressure plates are the same. He said yes they are all the same. I'm not sure if I understand this to be true. I asked if the Mcleod PP #361954 that goes with this disk is the same as ford racing king cobra 11" he said yes it's the same. meanwhile mcleod PP is $100 more!!!!!!:shrug: why because it's painted red???????

I'm either going ZOOM or the disk (all Kevlar) above with a FRPP PP.
D&D Performance sell the zoom as a whole kit. It looks great! good price.
You get everything.
Don't forget to get new FW bolts and PP bolts too.
The zoom kit for 11" on that site is c165.
what ever you do do not get something that is overly tooooooo grabbie. Just something that is strong and built well.

Last edited:

96S/Cobra

Established Member
I just ordered a clutch today from Promotion Powertrain. They sell many different clutches, and I got one rated for 700hp for $379. It will still have a great pedal feel as well as a smooth engagement (per Wally at Promotion). Check out their website for all the different clutches they have to offer (as well as their great customer service, which is a HUGE selling point to me anymore)

ProMotion Powertrain

SVTContique

Mcleod works good. I might be going with a zoom 2.5 this time.
I will know by the weekend.

Mcleod rocks. I love mine. It drives like a stock clutch but holds the power better.

I hate on and off clutches cause its impossible to slip the clutch if your drag racing.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
SPEC 3+ with a steel flywheel FTW love it

i put it in my 03 cobra & liked it so much i put it in the 97 cobra when i did the 6spd swap

:beer:

Roll Race Rob

Established Member
i have a centerforce dual friction with a fidanza flywheel. i like that it has a little bit of softness on it so its not so hard on everything else. holds fine on 600+ horse, guess we'll see how she does on 900+ horse...hahahah

Users who are viewing this thread