M-9603-SVT07.jpg

K&N 63-2571 - K&N 63 Series Aircharger Intake Kits $321.95
KN.jpg

Shelby Ford Mustang GT 500 C&L Air Intake System $399.00
C&L_GT500_2.jpg

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
k&N is crap run away from it.... I have the JLT it works very well, the Steeda is also a good unit. I also like the FRPP unit but it is pricey because it includes the FRPP programer you can find the units without it for a little less. I dont know much about the C&L.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Keep in mind with all these units except maybe the K&N will reqire a reflash. you will have to have a programer or a shop that will reflash your car and keep the files should you ever need to put it back to stock.

The frpp unit can not be upgraded as far as I know with out sending it back to ford for there files. Go ahead and invest in a SCT or Diablo and most places sell those with the CAI as a pckage with a tune prepackaged for your mods. they aslo hold up to 3 tunes so you can have a street tune a track tune and even a special dyno tune should you need that as well as the original factory tune. Those also offer user adjustability should you change gears or tire sizes or if you are confdent enough to tweek your tunes but I dont recomend that with out doing some data logging.

sfadchi

Established Member
JLT is the way to go with the stock blower, then once you get the bad ass Whipple 2.9L you have to get the Whipple 123MM CAI!

wickedstangs

Established Member
Keep in mind with all these units except maybe the K&N will reqire a reflash. you will have to have a programer or a shop that will reflash your car and keep the files should you ever need to put it back to stock.

The frpp unit can not be upgraded as far as I know with out sending it back to ford for there files. Go ahead and invest in a SCT or Diablo and most places sell those with the CAI as a pckage with a tune prepackaged for your mods. they aslo hold up to 3 tunes so you can have a street tune a track tune and even a special dyno tune should you need that as well as the original factory tune. Those also offer user adjustability should you change gears or tire sizes or if you are confdent enough to tweek your tunes but I dont recomend that with out doing some data logging.

SPAWN, I traded in my 04 Cobra and unmarried my tuner. I contacted SCT and they told me it can still be used on the 09 SHELBY GT500. Will it have the info for telling it about the NEW CAI? Or do I have to update the software?

Blaine

Established Member
Can't go wrong with either the C&L, JLT, or the Steeda kit. I don't like the looks of the Steeda kit unless you go with the Carbon Fiber option.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I've got the FRPP intake for now. I think later down the road a custom tune and gears are in order. Most tuners say the FRPP intake works well with custon tunes.

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
I have the C&L... I love it! Really u can't go wrong with the JLT also. The ford racing unit is nice also but only if u find it without the tuner as stated by others

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
SPAWN, I traded in my 04 Cobra and unmarried my tuner. I contacted SCT and they told me it can still be used on the 09 SHELBY GT500. Will it have the info for telling it about the NEW CAI? Or do I have to update the software?

I did the same thing but come to find out that it still had to be sent in to be unlocked. I used mine from my 06 GT but it wouldnt except the new parameters for the 500's ecu code or some such thing. I was told since the car was flashed so many times that the tuner had to be unlocked. I thought it could be swaped from multiple vehicles 4 times but turns out after you flash the ecu 4 times it has to be unlocked for a diffrent cars ecu.

It will still have to have the 500's tune files loaded but i would be prepared to have issues.
Bring it to your local tuner or send it in to SCT and go ahead and have it FULLY unlocked.

wickedstangs

Established Member
I did the same thing but come to find out that it still had to be sent in to be unlocked. I used mine from my 06 GT but it wouldnt except the new parameters for the 500's ecu code or some such thing. I was told since the car was flashed so many times that the tuner had to be unlocked. I thought it could be swaped from multiple vehicles 4 times but turns out after you flash the ecu 4 times it has to be unlocked for a diffrent cars ecu.

It will still have to have the 500's tune files loaded but i would be prepared to have issues.
Bring it to your local tuner or send it in to SCT and go ahead and have it FULLY unlocked.

Very nice feedback, I knew something like that had to happen. I was thinking the samething because it has to have some sort of version upgrade. Thanks

TexasShelby

Established Member
I've had zero problems with my JLT CAI and tune that came with it. Both JLT and EVO Perf have serious people there that support their product 100% and have led the way in CAI as well as many other products for the new model GT500 since the very beginning.

In Texas there is a saying, "you dance, with the one that brung you." It's true here, anything I need for my car I know that JLT, EVO and Lethal Performance have done extensive testing and R&D for it, and know it will work every time.

AaronK

Established Member
I've always like JLT the most. It looks like it has a larger filter compared to the steeda also.

Users who are viewing this thread