What Color Valve Covers?

What color valve covers?

• 2 Stage Candy Red Metallic (Redfire)

Votes: 56 26.5%
  • Crinkle Black

Votes: 109 51.7%
  • Leave it stock

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • Suggest a different combination. Explain.

Votes: 25 11.8%

• Total voters

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
I'm looking at getting a few things powdercoated in my engine bay but I'm stuck on what color?

This is what my engine bay looks like currently
IMG_0285.jpg

I'm looking to get my lfp and canton radiator tank powdercoated gloss black.

Also, I'm thinking about either doing my valve covers in either two stage candy red metallic (to match the redfire tb and pulley's) or to do a crinkle black. what does everyone think?

If anyone has pictures of black cobras with powdercoated valve covers to help sway my decision please post them up!!!

Last edited:

donjonald

I live by the W's
Established Member
I've always wanted to see how Torch Red valve covers would look on a black car. Im doing mine satin black here in a few weeks.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I've always wanted to see how Torch Red valve covers would look on a black car. Im doing mine satin black here in a few weeks.

I was gonna vote Black Wrinkle but after what he said I was intrigued! Torch red would probably look awesome in that engine bay, but who knows. Ya can't go wrong with black wrinkle (I picked up a set on ebay about a month ago).

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have a 10th anniversary car, so I thought about doing them in bright red to match the interior (still might at some point), but for now, I'm doing the wrinkle black. I also have a set that I started polishing, so that is another possibility for me, since I have a fully polished blower.

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
I don't think the redfire would look bad, but TR would look better. I wish I would have went with redfire instead of black wrinkle.

Why do you say TR would look better? The reason I'm looking at redfire is because my pulley and tb are that color so I didn't want to worry about the red contrast. On the otherhand my car is a 10th annv so it could go well with the interior. i don't know what to do:shrug:

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
Why do you say TR would look better? The reason I'm looking at redfire is because my pulley and tb are that color so I didn't want to worry about the red contrast. On the otherhand my car is a 10th annv so it could go well with the interior. i don't know what to do:shrug:

I just think the TR would go with the theme of the car more(10th aniv.). Could always trade pullies with someone for a black one's. I would also PC the tanks black wrinkle to match the valve covers. Depending on your budget you could also do something with the tb to tie it in better.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
I'm a BIG fan of the RED valve covers with black on the 4-valve...

DSC05324.gif

mineunderhood1.jpg

DSC05323.gif

Of course...mine's inside of a different "black-beast".....

mine1.jpg

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
I'm a BIG fan of the RED valve covers with black on the 4-valve...

DSC05324.gif

mineunderhood1.jpg

DSC05323.gif

Of course...mine's inside of a different "black-beast".....

mine1.jpg

Now I like that, that's the look I am going for of course though it would be a little darker red being the redfire and all, but I think that will definitely catch your eye and that's something not many people have.

Users who are viewing this thread