What did I blow up?

Hunter9003

Established Member
Well last night I made it to the drag strip and got in only two successful runs. 13.4, then 13.2 while launching at only 3k on slicks. Then as I went to launch at 3.5k I dropped the clutch and it seemed like I missed a gear, and just didn't move. Now I can move forward and backwards in idle but cant go any faster without the car shaking very very hard and traction control light. (Had to be towed). My tranny feels fine and clutch... what happened in the rear end?? All this on only bolt ons tho so I guess that's a plus... not bad times for only two runs

Hunter9003

Established Member
Fixed privacy. I only had 60ft of 1.944 which was just my 2nd run before it blew... definitely a 12.9 car! Just bolt ons!!

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
its not the pumpkin we are concerned with... its whats in the pumpkin.. lol The only other thing I could think of is the an input shaft on the tranny broke but if it was the one with the drive shaft.. you would have a yolk sitting on the ground.. along with a drive shaft

Shepp1691

Established Member
Just replaces my diff, gears, rebuild kit, and some of the bushings for $720, that was parts alone, not including fluids. rear ends are very expensive, hopefully u didnt break a half shaft also.

Hunter9003

Established Member
I broke the 31spline and drivers side axle, out the door is going to run me $1200 with 03 parts, and will be done in a day.... I thought the 31's don't break?? Ugh, oh well.

smitty2919

Established Member
So thread was started asking what you broke all while intending to bring it to a shop to have them find out what's wrong then fix it...lol

Go SRA

Users who are viewing this thread