What did you do for your Terminator today?

Goocher0310th

Established Member

Attachments

• 45997771-3989-463A-A305-87C7EB0AE772.jpeg
    45997771-3989-463A-A305-87C7EB0AE772.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 183

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How miles miles on the existing filter & oil, Brady? Do you change annually no matter the miles? That's actually what I used to do even though I only put about 3K miles a year on it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought you were going to let it ride since it hardly had any miles on it?
I bought the oil, haven't confirmed exactly what I'll do. I'm just use to changing it regardless though.
How miles miles on the existing filter & oil, Brady? Do you change annually no matter the miles? That's actually what I used to do even though I only put about 3K miles a year on it.
I generally change it annually regardless of miles. But this past year I put the least amount of miles on it. Maybe 500-525 miles. This was mainly because of city driving (breaking in clutch) and having bought my new to me 90 coupe.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I've been extremely busy the past couple years....lousy excuse....but to make a long story short, I went 27 months without changing the oil, plugs and fuel filter. I did it this past weekend. Everything looked just as good as yearly changes. Oil was not milky and did not smell of ethanol any worse than yearly changes. Car fired righ up, idled perfect....went and ripped on it, still the same ol spotted ass ape performance it always delivers.

Mobil 1 XP 530. Mobil 1 filter. Summitracing 10 micron paper filter. E85 fuel use

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been extremely busy the past couple years....lousy excuse....but to make a long story short, I went 27 months without changing the oil, plugs and fuel filter. I did it this past weekend. Everything looked just as good as yearly changes. Oil was not milky and did not smell of ethanol any worse than yearly changes. Car fired righ up, idled perfect....went and ripped on it, still the same ol spotted ass ape performance it always delivers.

Mobil 1 XP 530. Mobil 1 filter. Summitracing 10 micron paper filter. E85 fuel use
Jeez man! Now I'm considering at least waiting until fall before winter storage again.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member

Don't feel too bad. Last year when I changed the oil it had been about 3 years since I had previously changed it. Granted I did change the filter when I installed the relocation kit. That was an oops moment when I looked through my maintenance log.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Don't feel too bad. Last year when I changed the oil it had been about 3 years since I had previously changed it. Granted I did change the filter when I installed the relocation kit. That was an oops moment when I looked through my maintenance log.

I'm with you and C6Z Bob. My Roush and Vert sit most of the time on a battery tender. I drive them maybe 100 miles a year currently. There is no way I'm changing oil in all my cars annually with such little use. For me, and I reiterate, "for me," it's a waste of time and money to change oil because it has been sitting in my oil pan. I believe oil breaks down over use, not just sitting in the pan. Well, it doesn't break down as much just sitting in the pan.

I change as I feel it's needed (could be 1 year, could be as long as 3 years). I don't go by 6 months or 3000 miles because I don't believe those guidelines apply to my situation. But again, that's just me...……..

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm with you and C6Z Bob. My Roush and Vert sit most of the time on a battery tender. I drive them maybe 100 miles a year currently. There is no way I'm changing oil in all my cars annually with such little use. For me, and I reiterate, "for me," it's a waste of time and money to change oil because it has been sitting in my oil pan. I believe oil breaks down over use, not just sitting in the pan. Well, it doesn't break down as much just sitting in the pan.

I change as I feel it's needed (could be 1 year, could be as long as 3 years). I don't go by 6 months or 3000 miles because I don't believe those guidelines apply to my situation. But again, that's just me...……..
Solid points. I think I'll probably wait until fall at the earliest.

And my 90 coupe has maybe 250 miles on the oil. I plan on changing the motor mounts on that this year and removing the oil filter makes it easier. So I probably change it then.

Otherwise, depending on mileage it might be every other year.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I think it depends more so on how the car is used.
For instance, I change mine twice a year (spring and fall) just because it helps me sleep at night. I know I don't need to, but it gives me the warm and fuzzy and gives me something productive to do. The car sees street use only and I rarely dive into the throttle more than half to 3/4. It sits all winter, but I run it up to temp every so often. If I raced it and/or beat on it, I'd say it might benefit from or even require more frequent changes.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member

If I put that few miles on my car I'd extend the interval as well. I usually average 5k miles a year. Give or take. The oil in your cars is probably still clear.
I think it depends more so on how the car is used.
For instance, I change mine twice a year (spring and fall) just because it helps me sleep at night. I know I don't need to, but it gives me the warm and fuzzy and gives me something productive to do. The car sees street use only and I rarely dive into the throttle more than half to 3/4. It sits all winter, but I run it up to temp every so often. If I raced it and/or beat on it, I'd say it might benefit from or even require more frequent changes.
Don't let it idle up to temp. That's one of the worse things you can do. And open it up when you drove it man. Don't hold back.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Jeez man! Now I'm considering at least waiting until fall before winter storage again.

Well, I'm not advocating in any way that you wait as long as I did....I just had time slip away from me and decided to finally address it. My situation is a bit different than yours as my car is in an insulated garage 24/7 and we don't see freezing weather here. My garage might get in the 50s worst case. I also start my car every 3 weeks worst case.....and I drive it long enough to come to full temps and get a blast in....so moisture shouldn't be a big issue.

I wasn't really worried about the oil.....I think I only had 1500 miles in this time span. I was more worried about the fuel filter and possibly the end caps delaminating, maybe sending crap to my injectors. They did not, the caps are as secure as brand new. So much for ethanol "eating glue". This is a $13 cellulose filter.....it looks like its never been used.

49694771036_ebc34d11be_b.jpg

49695073387_36d2e61eef_b.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I couldn't take it anymore. Car cover off! Forecast calls for some good rain this week and next week around 60 degrees!View attachment 1630119View attachment 1630120

We’ve had plenty of rain here. I’m ready, but still more rain coming, as well as some pot holes that need patched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
We’ve had plenty of rain here. I’m ready, but still more rain coming, as well as some pot holes that need patched.

Man really makes me appreciate cars when we only get to enjoy them 6 months out of the year. My buddy has already taken his GT350 out.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Man really makes me appreciate cars when we only get to enjoy them 6 months out of the year. My buddy has already taken his GT350 out.

Me too as you’ve said before feels like a new car in the spring time. We’ve actually had a mild winter this year too. Now if we could just get some dry days.

Users who are viewing this thread