What did you do for your Terminator today?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Finally got it all back together today. Fully built IRS, rerouted fuel and vacuum system, new lightened steel flywheel, carbinite coated 3.6 pulley, newish stock oil pan, RPM inner/outer belts, MM coilovers, plus a million other things it seems like.

Waiting on back-ordered MM bumpsteer kit then I'll get the front lowered and aligned. After that it will finally be time for retuning.

Warm start vid, don't mind the 4-year old haha:

If that was a RHD car, I'd be like WUT THE! LOL. That motor sounds really good. When do you hope to get it back on the road?

Murderedsvt

Established Member
Those bumper inserts look really good. What brand are they? I know back in the day Bob White inserts were the best, but there are other excellent choices, fit-wise. Your DSG Cobra looks AWESOME!!!!
Some local guy to me makes them not bad will see of they hold up

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
If that was a RHD car, I'd be like WUT THE! LOL. That motor sounds really good. When do you hope to get it back on the road?

Haha he loves playing in the shop with me. Depends on how long the back-ordered parts from MM take to get here, once that happens I can get the front end suspension/steering lined up then make my tuning appointment. In other words, as soon as possible!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Haha he loves playing in the shop with me. Depends on how long the back-ordered parts from MM take to get here, once that happens I can get the front end suspension/steering lined up then make my tuning appointment. In other words, as soon as possible!
"As soon as possible" is exactly what I thought you'd be shooting for. (y)

DCguy

Established Member
How much power is "big power"? As a goal. Sounds like a great project.
1000 at the wheel is the goal on a Gen3r, but at a medium boost setting with a 3.3 upper and 4lb lower....hoping the head work and higher compression will give some buffer to play around with a bit more power down the road.

Finished up front suspension over the holiday weekend. Starting to look like a car again.

1641338672193.png

MG0h3

Established Member
Put it up on blocks grrrr

Took it for a rip today. Beautiful sunny day, not a cloud in sight. 60*

Saw some smoke after a couple pulls.

Get home and see a small puddle developing under the trans.

Sure enough. T56 Magnum shifter seal is toast again….

May just leave it on stands until the 3.0l Whipple shows up. Screw leaning over the whole time

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03' White Snake

Established Member
That sucks! Is that a common problem with the magnums? I just purchased a magnum waiting on delivery.
I have about 3K miles on my magnum. Replaced the seal last year…. It’s already bad again. Such a shitty design. Has a seal on the bottom and the top.

95FCDA1F-9580-4154-B744-15DF091A97E0.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First time I've personally heard of a seal going on the Magnum. So if this is the second time within 3K miles, how many miles when the first seal went?

MG0h3

Established Member
Yes it’s very common.

Funny thing is, neither Tremec or the magnum dealer I eventually contacted knew about it.

If you Google it, you’ll see tons of threads on it across all makes.

My friend just had a brand new magnum arrive for his Fox. I went to show him the seal just for kicks and when I pulled the outer seal back…..inner seal torn. Lol. Brand new trans!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03' White Snake

Established Member
First time I've personally heard of a seal going on the Magnum. So if this is the second time within 3K miles, how many miles when the first seal went?

I average 800-1200 miles a yr. first seal had 2k on it, but I have no idea how long it was actually bad though.

I replaced it the first time because it was leaving little drips in the garage. Pulled the shifter bezel out and the carpet insulation was soaked in trans fluid. I heard they get torn from installing the seal dry on the shifter. So I lubed it up with synthetic grease before installing the last time, still no difference. It is just a shitty design.

Tick makes an aftermarket shifter that does away with the seal, first one I’ve seen for the magnum.

Users who are viewing this thread