What did you do for your Terminator today?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My KMJ alternator finally showed up. I'll be throwing it in this weekend.

Attachments

• 20220914_180517.jpg
    20220914_180517.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 76

Jam_Master_J

Established Member
Image1663546797.483913.jpg

The top wasn’t going up without manual help so figured it out (thanks YouTube) and replaced the hydraulic lift cylinders. Then bled the system. Getting that fill plug back in the top motor was a bitch! Ultimately jamming the plug in with the handle of one of the kids’ paintbrushes was the trick. The plug has to stretch enough to fit in the opening. Up and down like a charm now.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I think I might have lost a tool or two due to throwing them in anger figuring out how to do this install. I still have a bolt I didn’t put in I think
It's definitely one of those installs where you need to know the process and angles.

The alternator is in and working ok. I think painting the bracket was a bad idea though.

04oxfordvert

Established Member
I had to remove my sway bar mounts to get that damn thing in. Old one came out ok, but the size difference I could not for the life of me get it in. Just saved some foul language for later and undid the sway bar mounts. Works great though!
It's definitely one of those installs where you need to know the process and angles.

The alternator is in and working ok. I think painting the bracket was a bad idea though.

Sent from my SM-G781W using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Finally swapped out headunits on Saturday. Nothing too fancy. GF got it for me for Christmas and I found some ambition. I tore out all the Mach junk two years ago and installed a 5-channel amp in the back. Ran new speaker wires and all that. Here I was splicing and dicing the harness into the factory speaker wires. Derrrr... Edit: At least I had only connected one of them when I realized I was doing excess work. lol

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
View attachment 1762063

The top wasn’t going up without manual help so figured it out (thanks YouTube) and replaced the hydraulic lift cylinders. Then bled the system. Getting that fill plug back in the top motor was a bitch! Ultimately jamming the plug in with the handle of one of the kids’ paintbrushes was the trick. The plug has to stretch enough to fit in the opening. Up and down like a charm now.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

congrats - a couple of months ago i did something similar repair. the top had developed a rough, jerking motion and the motor wasn't running well at all and it seemed to be getting progressively worse over the last couple of years. so i checked the level and sure enough, it was very low - probably because it had been slowly weeping from the cylinders over time. i filled the fluid up to the top and it really did the trick - now it goes up and down like new again. and you're right about that fill plug, that thing is a tight fit!

Users who are viewing this thread