What did you do for your Terminator today?

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
For those running E85 full time. I don’t drive my car every day by any means. Once the weather turns I plan to drive it once a week at least. Do you all still put ethanol stabilizer with every tank even for those of you who drive it semi regularly.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I haven't used any stabilizer in mine yet. But then the longest mine tends to sit is maybe 3 weeks. And even then it gets fired up and moved for other projects usually.

03' White Snake

Established Member
For those running E85 full time. I don’t drive my car every day by any means. Once the weather turns I plan to drive it once a week at least. Do you all still put ethanol stabilizer with every tank even for those of you who drive it semi regularly.
I've never put stabile in my car or any of my E-85. I let it sit all winter and run it in the spring (6 months of storage). I fired the car up once since Oct. last year to check some mods I've been doing.

I've tested 6-8 month old E-85 and it still tests the same. I clean the fuel filter every few years and haven't found anything on the filter each time.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I've never put stabile in my car or any of my E-85. I let it sit all winter and run it in the spring (6 months of storage). I fired the car up once since Oct. last year to check some mods I've been doing.

I've tested 6-8 month old E-85 and it still tests the same. I clean the fuel filter every few years and haven't found anything on the filter each time.
Thats good to hear, I've been a bit skeptical due to the horror stories I have heard of about E85 when sitting to long, so I always take little precautions. I even bought an extra filter although mine is reusable. I removed mine last Spring and surprisingly looked very clean.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member

Thankfully my filter is now under my driver's seat so it's easy for me check now. I won't worry too much about it. I'll check my filter mid-summer and see how it is. I always appreciate your help! I'm already ready to pulley down :/

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member

That's good to know. I haven't checked my filter since last summer. I'll check it again next month when I do the oil change.

muscleatsrice

Established Member
I finally was able to finish up the aem fail safe install. Now just waiting for the weather to cooperate to test it out.
IMG_1219.JPG
IMG_1218.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

JCDriller

Established Member

JCDriller

Established Member
Not yet. For now it’s only monitoring. I haven’t really looked into how to wire the actual fail safe function. Any ideas?

I assume to get it to function like the LMP you'd just hook a relay that is normally closed inline with the ignition power wire (#34 red wire on the CP133 connector). You should have a trigger wire on your failsafe that can trip the relay when the AFR drops too low therefore stoping ignition immediately. Maybe put in small capacitor or something inline so the relay doesn't immediately close and restart the ignition once the AFR goes back up. You could size it so there is a 2-3 second ignition cut after a lean event before the ignition kicks back in, Gives you time to react and keeps it from surging.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member

Hell no. Gone a couple months with nothing.

Went six months with Stabil and still fine.

JCDriller

Established Member
Damn. Lean protection module.

Bought one years back. Still in the box.

Right next to the rubbers

Haha, I picked one up for my old terminator and had to pay dearly for it as they weren’t made anymore. I lucked out and got this one on FB for $125! I’m going to add a vampire too, can’t have too much safety.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I will add for those running E85 and a PCV system, you should be changing your oil every year before storage.

Water is a byproduct of running E85 and all that moisture is mixing in your oil.

I was running breathers but couldn’t deal with the mess. I am now running a vented catch can, I get 1/2” of water in a water bottle just from letting the car idle up to temp. Imagine this much water going into your oil every time you drive the car. Yes some of it will get burned off in the engine but it still will add up. Would not be a good idea to store the car this way for months at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread