What did you do for your Terminator today?

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
Picked up this Zinc Yellow 03 a few weeks ago. Stopped and got some paint for the bumper yesterday. Will be throwing on some caster camber plates, new CAI, and a bunch of other little things in the coming weeks
IMG_20230218_200855657.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This ZY '03 Cobra. Looks nice. Congratulations! Did it come with any mods besides the dark window tint?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Ahh ok nice, that's what i'm running on mine and same boost. I made just a touch under 700 on a mustang dyno on E85. Not a crazy amount of timing but I was about to start to hitting the fuel fuel limits on my injectors.
I'm running 21 degrees of timing on mine. My buddy that made about 730rwhp with a similar set up is at 19 degrees I think.

hatchke

Established Member
I'm running 21 degrees of timing on mine. My buddy that made about 730rwhp with a similar set up is at 19 degrees I think.

Yeah we left my setup at 19deg too. Blankenship said his dyno is fairly comparable to the local dynojet to him, but still lower. I'm still curious though on what i'd put down for comparison. I've seen anecdotally that dj's are roughly 12% higher than a comparable mustang dyno, so I have to assume i'm further into the 700's.

Maybe i'll get both cars out to the dyno and have a little shootout between them.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah we left my setup at 19deg too. Blankenship said his dyno is fairly comparable to the local dynojet to him, but still lower. I'm still curious though on what i'd put down for comparison. I've seen anecdotally that dj's are roughly 12% higher than a comparable mustang dyno, so I have to assume i'm further into the 700's.

Maybe i'll get both cars out to the dyno and have a little shootout between them.
Or just make a run at the track. you don’t even need a dyno, just look at your ET/MPH and you’ll know your horsepower.

hatchke

Established Member
Or just make a run at the track. you don’t even need a dyno, just look at your ET/MPH and you’ll know your horsepower.

That's a very fair point, I should actually track it a bit on like... a real track. I did some initial 60-130 runs with my Dragy to get a general sense. Turned a couple sub-7's with a 6.80 being my fastest.

Using some rough estimation that puts me in the 133-135mph range. Not a perfect science given so many factors though.

photo

LS WUT

Established Member
Anyone know of a good tuner? I’ve reached out for 04sleeper. Never got a reply. Gonna need some remote tunes for the 96 cobra for the IMRC delete, and some tunes for my 03 cobra after the 2.7 pulley and such.

cobracide

Established Member
DId you try emailing sleeper?

LS WUT

Established Member
DId you try emailing sleeper?

I haven’t emailed him no. I sent him a PM on here. Is there an email I can reach him at?

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Thanks man. I’ve got palm beach dyno on the other coast, and VMP however I’d prefer to have someone who knows cobras well.
Either of those shops should be fine to use. Install a wideband if you don’t just in case. They may require it but shouldn’t need to. I’ll say, tuning is getting expensive. My tuner charges $850 for a tune not including the device/software/etc. Be prepared to pay. I got a family discount and it was still $500 for 2-3 hours. I provided the laptop, software, and license….

LS WUT

Established Member
What about self tuning? These cars aren't horrible to tune if you're sticking to the basics.
For the 96 cobra just need the tune for the IMRC bracket replacement.

The 03 cobra just has basic stuff
Stock manifolds
Bassani X Pipe
Borla Stingers
JLT Intake
Metco idlers
2.7 pulley

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
For the 96 cobra just need the tune for the IMRC bracket replacement.

The 03 cobra just has basic stuff
Stock manifolds
Bassani X Pipe
Borla Stingers
JLT Intake
Metco idlers
2.7 pulley
Coretuning is an option. Lasota racing handbook. It will get you pretty close to a perfect tune it just take a lot of time and street tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread