What did you do for your Terminator today?

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
Drove it to work Friday in the cold then detailed the engine bay and bottom side of the hood. Need to get an oem battery and replace the connectors yet. Anyone know the Motorcraft PN# for the battery?
IMG_20230331_193905_089.jpeg
IMG_20230331_193905_110.jpeg
Snapchat-1850422655.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S918U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hello Everyone,

For those of you who know my 03 coupe know it has not received too much love around here. First because I removed the original hood and rear wing and I also custom painted the car.

Those moves are considered taboo around here LMAO. You can change the wheels or engine parts or suspension all you want, but mess with the "look" of a Terminator and feel the wrath of SVTP LMAO!!!!

No one here has ever said anything bad, but people have said this isn't their cup of tea. It's no problem and I can definitely understand the sentiment.

Now that I have gotten older and wiser I have come to realize the look of the Terminator should NOT have been messed with when it comes to the body parts.

Some of you know I went back to the original rear wing. In an attempt to complete the process I decided to go back with the original hood.

So, I recently purchased a hood from a member here. Thank you @wckdvnm for making this transaction very smooth and uncomplicated. I appreciate your help and the fact you drove to meet me.

Sorry about the paint job fellas. That "will" remain :D.

Here is the original rear wing re-installed and painted to match,
20161210_154021a.jpg

20161210_154055a.jpg

Here is the 00R Cobra hood that is currently installed.
020.JPG

021a.JPG

Here is the new to me original hood that @wckdvnm sold me. This summer's project is to paint this hood to match and install. I will go with the LFP hood vents as I did on my Vert.
20230402_113208.jpg

20230402_113217.jpg

20230402_113230.jpg

20230402_113316.jpg

As you can see this is an original hood. SWEET!!! Looking forward to painting this and installing it in a few months. Now for the impossible task of trying to find the under hood insulation. If worse comes to worse I'll just take the new one off my Vert and run no insulation on the Vert.
20230402_113338.jpg

03' White Snake

Established Member
I thought about it Bob. The hood I have now doesn't have a hood insulator. But it's very smooth.

I'll see how it looks after it's painted and go from there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Many of us paint the underside of the hood and run no insulation. It looks good IMO.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I don't have a problem not installing the insulation and running a painted underside.

However, I really like the insulation because it says COBRA on it. Always thought that was a cool touch.

That’s shy I kept mine. It’s up top of my garage in storage. I have every OG part for my car except the transmission. I sold that when I went with a magnum.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I don't have a problem not installing the insulation and running a painted underside.

However, I really like the insulation because it says COBRA on it. Always thought that was a cool touch.

I get that. That's one of the reasons I still have the blanket from my 01. Along with the fact that the wife put some time into painting the letters for me.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Hello Everyone,

For those of you who know my 03 coupe know it has not received too much love around here. First because I removed the original hood and rear wing and I also custom painted the car.

Those moves are considered taboo around here LMAO. You can change the wheels or engine parts or suspension all you want, but mess with the "look" of a Terminator and feel the wrath of SVTP LMAO!!!!

No one here has ever said anything bad, but people have said this isn't their cup of tea. It's no problem and I can definitely understand the sentiment.

Now that I have gotten older and wiser I have come to realize the look of the Terminator should NOT have been messed with when it comes to the body parts.

Some of you know I went back to the original rear wing. In an attempt to complete the process I decided to go back with the original hood.

So, I recently purchased a hood from a member here. Thank you @wckdvnm for making this transaction very smooth and uncomplicated. I appreciate your help and the fact you drove to meet me.

Sorry about the paint job fellas. That "will" remain :D.

Here is the original rear wing re-installed and painted to match,
View attachment 1788334

View attachment 1788335

Here is the 00R Cobra hood that is currently installed.
View attachment 1788336

View attachment 1788337

Here is the new to me original hood that @wckdvnm sold me. This summer's project is to paint this hood to match and install. I will go with the LFP hood vents as I did on my Vert.
View attachment 1788338

View attachment 1788339

View attachment 1788340

View attachment 1788341

As you can see this is an original hood. SWEET!!! Looking forward to painting this and installing it in a few months. Now for the impossible task of trying to find the under hood insulation. If worse comes to worse I'll just take the new one off my Vert and run no insulation on the Vert.
View attachment 1788342

Can’t wait to see it painted as I never liked the previous owner I got it from matte blacked the underside to match his engine bay. It really showed how the dust accumulates under the hood as you can see the place the snout of the supercharger sits.
I honestly never thought to look for the ford markings under the hood when I sent you pictures lol; I forgot they were marked from ford.
I think LMR was making reproduction under-hood insulation but it appears they have stopped. I haven’t seen one with the modified vents before but don’t see why it would be a big problem.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Changed the oil, installed a Harpell power steering reservoir, and then introduced my 11 month old boy to it. View attachment 1788586View attachment 1788587
The weekend before last when I was changing the oil on the Cobra a neighbor was walking around the neighborhood with his kids. I'd say the oldest is 2, maybe 3. He was telling me how his son loves Mustangs and he's not sure where it came from. But he sees the horse and tail lights and goes crazy. I let him sit in the Cobra and dad took a picture of course. I told the neighbor anytime I have the Cobra out of the garage and they're outside hit me up and I'll take him for a spin around the block. Fast forward to last Saturday and I'm getting home from a cars and coffee and that neighbor is over talking to my son. I pulled up and asked if his kids was ready for his ride. I don't think my neighbor thought I was serious because he seemed surprised. He asked his son if he wanted to go for a ride and his son dropped his bike and ran over. I just took him around the block, but he was smiling the whole time. Another gear head in the making.

Users who are viewing this thread