What did you do to your Cobra today?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
man I wish I had a place to work on the Cobra in the winter, this time next year I should be looking at possible future homes though, a garage is #1 on my list

I just bought a house a few months ago.. It was definitley a must have....

Not I can make multiple day projects withough having to worry about putting everything back together... Its nice...

96S/Cobra

Established Member
I kinda prefer the look of my two intakes...No plastic caps here lol

Could you give me some insight on how you went about and deleted the egr, vacuum line nipple, etc. from the side of your intake, and more importantly how you made it look GOOD? You can pm me if you would like.

I just sold the KB off of my car this past week, and I had already deleted the egr from that set up. But now I will need to put a stock intake on my car and I was wondering how I was going to "delete" the egr. I was going to try and make a small block off plate and bolt it where the egr valve went, but I would MUCH rather do what you did.

JIMS SVT

Established Member
Could you give me some insight on how you went about and deleted the egr, vacuum line nipple, etc. from the side of your intake, and more importantly how you made it look GOOD? You can pm me if you would like.

I just sold the KB off of my car this past week, and I had already deleted the egr from that set up. But now I will need to put a stock intake on my car and I was wondering how I was going to "delete" the egr. I was going to try and make a small block off plate and bolt it where the egr valve went, but I would MUCH rather do what you did.

Takes a welder to do what I did.

Dubbsy

Go big or go broke.
Established Member
I did nothing but look at the car as it sat under the car cover. Waiting for a couple months and then start ordering parts.

96S/Cobra

Established Member
I thought I quoted JIMS SVT, but I guess I didn't....

I understand that lol... Would you just cut/grind off the egr, etc, then weld up the holes, then use a small hand grinder/dremmel and smooth out the new beads of weld. Keep doing this until the holes are filled and grinded smooth? Would you use just an ever so small amount of body filler at these places and then sand smooth? I understand the cutting/grinding/welding stages, but how did you get everything looking so smooth, as if nothing was ever there at all?

Last edited:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
Dyno sheet please, and also post pics of the 3rd LED..(I'm interested to see what it looks like)

Thank you!

i'll post up some pics of the 3rd brake light tomorrow. i need to scan the dyno sheet but i made 274 rwhp on a mustang dyno and i think 260 rwtq. i have a few questions about the dyno sheet anyway so i'll probably make a whole new thread of the little things i've done to the car and some other stuff.

JIMS SVT

Established Member
I thought I quoted JIMS SVT, but I guess I didn't....

I understand that lol... Would you just cut/grind off the egr, etc, then weld up the holes, then use a small hand grinder/dremmel and smooth out the new beads of weld. Keep doing this until the holes are filled and grinded smooth? Would you use just an ever so small amount of body filler at these places and then sand smooth? I understand the cutting/grinding/welding stages, but how did you get everything looking so smooth, as if nothing was ever there at all?

I cut them off.Welded the holes and grinded them smooth.No filler.Just gotta ge good with the grinder.Cant use body filler if its polished like one of mine.

Evil Bender

Rabid Roadie
Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
What did I do today? Noticed I bought 01 steeda springs not 03 steeda springs,so I guess I figured out I should pay more attention some days.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
It was sunny on Sunday, took the car cover off and gave it a spray of Mcquires final inspection and wiped it down.:coolman:

I drove in the Cobra early that morning on a busy road just minding my own thoughts, not thinking much at all.

Much to my surprise, on the left side on the grass in front of a house was a dude kneeling with a 04 orange Cobra close beside him.

He was ever so close smelling and breathing the surface of his just waxed car; that beautiful orange Cobra!

I really felt as one secretly sharing a stolen moment meant for just that car. His arms were completely embracing the right front finder, his Cobra holding it so very close to himself.

I could feel the love transferring one to another. In public, yet so rich, precious and intensely private! It was amazing, I captured it and shared within it;-)

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
It might be sunny enough to take the car cover off so I can start the car, hasnt been started in about 4 weeks, but its so damn cold I am not sure I want to go outside unless I have too, I hate winter

Users who are viewing this thread