What did you do to your Ford today?

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, apparently that went under. One of two that I got caught in. My car with all the others got locked up in a storage facility and the doors closed. It was in Phoenix, Ar. Was getting a Ford Racing Long block installed. There was a thread on here about it years ago. Another shop took 22K, went under and I never got the car or the money. Took the guy to court, won. He started paying me back and I saw about 6 grand before he died of a coke overdose.
Care to mention names?

Years ago, my car was at PSR. I stopped by one day before flying out of town for a week. The shop was closed, a few customer cars were there, including mine. Fortunately, someone was there.

No one bothered to call me and let me know what was going on. Had I not visited that day, who knows what would have transpired.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Used my Fiesta ST like a fast moving pickup. This is the engine going in our ‘66 Stingray.

Attachments

• 7378FD1A-6A20-4206-BF1C-F22AFFEBA9C0.jpeg
    7378FD1A-6A20-4206-BF1C-F22AFFEBA9C0.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 82

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I had a sidepipe break the welds at the collector flange, so I pulled them both and re-welded the flange on one, and cleaned up all the welds.

So today I started polishing them (much easier when they are off)

The first pic shows what I started with, the second is in process, and the last they drivers pipe is pretty close to finished, it needs final polishing.
started.JPG
in process.JPG
almost done.JPG

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Finally got my car fixed since being off the road since May after going to Chocolate Fox, computer wasn't firing number 3 injector. ECU Exchange did a great job fixing the issue.

Just in time for a final wash and up the lift for the winter, pulling the rear for a gear change and rebuild.
15F183D9-3578-4C35-AEA4-70E4AD9CD03E.jpeg

Last edited:

floodstang

Established Member
Started the Cobra and let it run while I swapped the skinnies on the front of my sons 93 coupe in preparation for our track outing Wednesday night. We swap the rear tires when we get to the track.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I had a sidepipe break the welds at the collector flange, so I pulled them both and re-welded the flange on one, and cleaned up all the welds.

The first pic shows what I started with, the second is in process, and the last they drivers pipe is pretty close to finished, it needs final polishing.View attachment 1728349View attachment 1728350View attachment 1728351
Nice job. What do these go on, replica?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

The first pic shows what I started with, the second is in process, and the last they drivers pipe is pretty close to finished, it needs final polishing.View attachment 1728349View attachment 1728350View attachment 1728351
You did an awesome job with the polishing. What a difference! How many hours did it you on that one?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Care to mention names?

Years ago, my car was at PSR. I stopped by one day before flying out of town for a week. The shop was closed, a few customer cars were there, including mine. Fortunately, someone was there.

No one bothered to call me and let me know what was going on. Had I not visited that day, who knows what would have transpired.
PSR...that's it! I was dealing with Wild Bill character that use to work there. He came to San Diego and picked up my Cobra. Here is a thread on it if you have access to it. Clutch was trashed, someone stole my Borlas and put on some shit exhaust. Both front and back bumpers had sun fade because it was "covered". At this point I can only assumed I was being lied to throughout the entire process. All that I was having done was an engine being put it with a clutch and tuning. You may know those guys better than I did. Horrible Experience, bad timing possibly.

PSR Closing?????

Last edited:

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
PSR...that's it! I was dealing with Wild Bill character that use to work there. He came to San Diego and picked up my Cobra. Here is a thread on it if you have access to it. Clutch was trashed, someone stole my Borlas and put on some shit exhaust. Both front and back bumpers had sun fade because it was "covered". At this point I can only assumed I was being lied to throughout the entire process. All that I was having done was an engine being put it with a clutch and tuning. You may know those guys better than I did. Horrible Experience, bad timing possibly.

PSR Closing?????
I wasn't on that forum.

I had mostly good experiences with them. They never had an issue with installing parts I supplied and was always fair and reasonable with labor rates. Time frames were reasonable as well.

At the end, I was having the car tuned, and that's when it fell apart.

Devin was having trouble tuning it. So, this dragged things out.

As I mentioned, I stopped by the day before flying out of town for a funeral. Had it been for any other reason, I would have eaten the loss on the tickets and retrieved my car the next day.

I was assured that I would be taken care of and the car will be tuned. The car ended up at some guys house. San Tan Valley, if I remember correctly. I go to check on the car and the drivers side has been damaged on the door and rear quarter panel. The side wall of the rear tire was all cut/torn up from the fender lip. I was told that it happened when it was moved from the shop to this guys house. He did have the damage repaired and repainted, at no cost to me obviously.

Months go by and I'm told that he can't tune the car, the car battery won't stay charged, and I need to come get it.

So, I drove my car to their shop and many, many months later, I'm towing it home from so random dudes house. Not happy.

What I found out is the alternator was overspun and damaged it. So, I took it to an alternator shop somewhere near downtown and had it repaired.

I was left with trying to find someone to tune the car and complete additional work that I had planned.

I found a place to tune it and they did a good job. It's conservative, but still put down 880/793. They also do good work, but take a long time. They are short on manpower, long on pending work.

I found another shop to do the additional work I wanted done. Their quality of work is great and is done in a very timely manner.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I wasn't on that forum.

I had mostly good experiences with them. They never had an issue with installing parts I supplied and was always fair and reasonable with labor rates. Time frames were reasonable as well.

At the end, I was having the car tuned, and that's when it fell apart.

Devin was having trouble tuning it. So, this dragged things out.

As I mentioned, I stopped by the day before flying out of town for a funeral. Had it been for any other reason, I would have eaten the loss on the tickets and retrieved my car the next day.

I was assured that I would be taken care of and the car will be tuned. The car ended up at some guys house. San Tan Valley, if I remember correctly. I go to check on the car and the drivers side has been damaged on the door and rear quarter panel. The side wall of the rear tire was all cut/torn up from the fender lip. I was told that it happened when it was moved from the shop to this guys house. He did have the damage repaired and repainted, at no cost to me obviously.

Months go by and I'm told that he can't tune the car, the car battery won't stay charged, and I need to come get it.

So, I drove my car to their shop and many, many months later, I'm towing it home from so random dudes house. Not happy.

What I found out is the alternator was overspun and damaged it. So, I took it to an alternator shop somewhere near downtown and had it repaired.

I was left with trying to find someone to tune the car and complete additional work that I had planned.

I found a place to tune it and they did a good job. It's conservative, but still put down 880/793. They also do good work, but take a long time. They are short on manpower, long on pending work.

I found another shop to do the additional work I wanted done. Their quality of work is great and is done in a very timely manner.
Holy Shit.....sorry you got caught up in that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread