What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you have a rear set to match? Those look a bit different from the ones in the car now. At least comparing them to this photo. Maybe it's just the photo that makes those new seats look different. ??

img_20211126_172711846-jpg.1729056
They are different. My current car has black interior. The other ones are grey. I bought them somewhat local a few years ago. I think I paid 300 dollars for them.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Fit new flow tubes (short pipes from cat to muffler) on a 17k mile 92. They were rusted out. My speculation is prior owner(s) used the "let's idle it every month to warm up" and got the exhaust wet every time causing the rust from the inside out. Probably will be revisiting this, as the rust is elsewhere too, but, flowmaster is B/O on the exhaust until late January +, learning this AFTER they accepted my order with a 2 week delivery, back in November. I cancelled and went a different direction only replacing the flow tubes. Clamps are the last step, and those should arrive today.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Fit new flow tubes (short pipes from cat to muffler) on a 17k mile 92. They were rusted out. My speculation is prior owner(s) used the "let's idle it every month to warm up" and got the exhaust wet every time causing the rust from the inside out. Probably will be revisiting this, as the rust is elsewhere too, but, flowmaster is B/O on the exhaust until late January +, learning this AFTER they accepted my order with a 2 week delivery, back in November. I cancelled and went a different direction only replacing the flow tubes. Clamps are the last step, and those should arrive today.
What Flowmaster exhaust were you trying to order? I just received my Flowmaster american thunders today. Seller on ebay had the best price and super fast shipping.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They are different. My current car has black interior. The other ones are grey. I bought them somewhat local a few years ago. I think I paid 300 dollars for them.

You only have the gray front seats? Or front and rear?

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
What Flowmaster exhaust were you trying to order? I just received my Flowmaster american thunders today. Seller on ebay had the best price and super fast shipping.

Was trying to get a stainless version. Again I ordered it, the availability said 2 weeks, I was OK with this). Then over 2 weeks went by, I reached out (no notification from them, I had to reach out), then the date changed to 2 months later. I did not like the way they handled it, so I cancelled, and went a different direction. My alt direction will be done today.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a low mileage '92, Andy. Nice. How long have you owned it?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you okay with the fronts not matching the rear, or do you have additional plans with the seats.
I bought the seats with really no plans for them. It's hard to find foxbody seats in this condition in my area. So I bought them.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
@13BlackGT, that's a real nice coupe!

Looks like my alternator in my 92 coupe took a dump on me. Drains the battery over night, did this to a fresh battery too. I'm think bad diode or internal short. Multimeter reads a 4 Amp parasitic draw, about 0.01 Amp when you unplug the alternator connections. Going to try to keep it OEM 75 Amp Motorcraft unit, we'll see how that works out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I bought the seats with really no plans for them. It's hard to find foxbody seats in this condition in my area. So I bought them.

Ah, now I understand. An opportunity lost is, well.....an opportunity lost. Especially when the object of the opportunity is in such great condtion. Well done, Brady.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Starting to clean my spare seats before I do the black seats in the 93.
2c7b0a068ed258671178a02b0bdfb4c4.jpg
8e4c30a34e3d817faf916f4c64b89bb3.jpg

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
@Bdubbs, that looks great. It's amazing how well these fox body tweed seats clean up and the fabric is also super durable. People are willing to pay very good money for these seats in the shape you have them.

When I bought my coupe a few years ago, the black tweed front seats were filthy and the foam was totally worn out. I cleaned them really good and then had a local car upholstery guy put in new foam and fix some of the side vinyl that was torn. They turned out great.

I want Ford to build a retro fox body and it has to include the original tweed cloth seat material. One can still dream...

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Finished them up tonight. The seat on the left was just completed in the pictures, so it looks a little darker. Pretty impressed with the Bissell spot clean pro so far.

Next up will be the seats in the Reef Blue.
2164f3bb0bc1c6a350a1b063d020a817.jpg
e77850937e35d35c0d2f4a497a08afec.jpg

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Finished them up tonight. The seat on the left was just completed in the pictures, so it looks a little darker. Pretty impressed with the Bissell spot clean pro so far.

Next up will be the seats in the Reef Blue.
2164f3bb0bc1c6a350a1b063d020a817.jpg
e77850937e35d35c0d2f4a497a08afec.jpg

Looks fantastic. I’ve been searching for some cloth opal seats all year. Whenever some pop up they are ragged out. I have a set of leather and also new replacement leather covers to put on, but honestly would prefer the cloth..

If I land some I’m going to ask you for cleaning pointers. Good job on those seats!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks fantastic. I’ve been searching for some cloth opal seats all year. Whenever some pop up they are ragged out. I have a set of leather and also new replacement leather covers to put on, but honestly would prefer the cloth..

If I land some I’m going to ask you for cleaning pointers. Good job on those seats!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Thanks! Overall they are in great shape. No rips or tears. The vinyl sides do have discoloration.

Next I plan on cleaning the black seats in the 93.
12579c3d20790aead455075e01893ee2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread