What did you pay?

outlw

Established Member
I know a few guys that will sell them at MSPR. I know one dealer that has 7 in stock they just got. They are in Michigan.

My friends all have them and some have paid 15,000 over sticker in the past and 5000.00 recently.

PM me if interested and I will give you the info.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
I think the answer to the question in the thread title is "WAY TOO MUCH!!!"

This is cool truck, don't get me wrong… the suspension and layout rocks but the engine is a total piece of shit. I mean come on people - a normally aspirated V8??

For that price I would expect an upscale Ecoboost or something or at least a forged and fully built V8 with a blower like the GT500. The problem is, its good for nothing but low altitude off road. That normally aspirated V8 will choke at high altitude.

And I don't even want to hear "oh well there's turbo and supercharger kits for them" ITS NOT A BUILT MOTOR!! junk internals… stop wasting your money on this garbage and make Ford put a real motor in it.

steeltoe

Established Member
I think the answer to the question in the thread title is "WAY TOO MUCH!!!"

This is cool truck, don't get me wrong… the suspension and layout rocks but the engine is a total piece of shit. I mean come on people - a normally aspirated V8??

For that price I would expect an upscale Ecoboost or something or at least a forged and fully built V8 with a blower like the GT500. The problem is, its good for nothing but low altitude off road. That normally aspirated V8 will choke at high altitude.

And I don't even want to hear "oh well there's turbo and supercharger kits for them" ITS NOT A BUILT MOTOR!! junk internals… stop wasting your money on this garbage and make Ford put a real motor in it.

A guy on a Raptor site climbed Pikes Peak no problem with a 5.4L Raptor.

snakedoctor

Established Member
My question is why all the bs from dealers about "limited production" and "they're not making them after this year". When I look on auto trader, it's overloaded with raptors. I'm seeing dealer lots with anywhere from 6 to 13 on them. They are hoarding them. Even the shelby's didn't get this much price gouging. Is the truck that great? I mean I like and want one but every time I go uptown I see at least one.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
A guy on a Raptor site climbed Pikes Peak no problem with a 5.4L Raptor.

Well of course it will climb it… ANY fuel injected, variable timed car will climb it… The problem is you loose 20% of your horsepower for every 5000 feet of density altitude. In Denver on a summer day the density altitude can be as much as 9000 feet. So I'm paying for a truck this fancy with 400+ horsepower and only getting 240 to 300 because its not turbo charged. At least my power stroke gets very close to the same amount power no matter what altitude I'm driving at.

I smoked a Raptor in my stock 6.7 powerstroke going up Berthoud pass at 12,000 feet…. it was hilarious. Ecoboost F-150's run circles around raptors up here, especially if they are tuned.

Waste of money… Try again Ford… dump the that shitty 6.2L and put a real engine in it!!!

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
We get it. Why don't you stop spewing your hatred all over the Raptor boards and find something better to do with your time....

Because I want people to stop buying them, so it forces ford to build an SVT line truck worth getting.

IMO - they shouldn't have wasted so much money on the suspension, keep the look the same and put a better engine with forced induction it. The suspension is way overkill in the typical off road use case.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Oh ya?

Under msrp...
http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/16c0377a

The rest ate listed at msrp, but I have 40 within about 200 miles of me

I didn't say he wouldn't but the the doubt about sealing the deal on a seriously discounted one remains.

OAG....sounds like Dusten has a line on a few. Let us know how it goes.

Because I want people to stop buying them, so it forces ford to build an SVT line truck worth getting.

IMO - they shouldn't have wasted so much money on the suspension, keep the look the same and put a better engine with forced induction it. The suspension is way overkill in the typical off road use case.

Amazing how you continue to carry on like an indignant little girl. Get over it already. People are going to buy what THEY want. Not what YOU want.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member

Go wish somewhere else and let us owners be. We don't need you in here insulting everyone constantly.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
Go wish somewhere else and let us owners be. We don't need you in here insulting everyone constantly.

There's a reason behind it… the 6.2L is not SVT quality and is a complete RIP OFF and obviously someone at Ford agrees that the current engine is not a good fit for future models. They initially thought they would appeal to the idiot rednecks that realize nothing more than the stupid rumble of a big gas guzzling V8 that has no real SVT class quality, power or potential. I just expect more at that price point from SVT than a good looking truck with cool suspension.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-ford-f-150-raptor-photos-and-info-news

jlauth

Established Member
The Raptor has easily outsold every other SVT vehicle per year, so saying that "not real SVT quality" shows your ignorance.

jlauth

Established Member
Because of CAFE standards. They used the engine for 4 years in these trucks and they still use them in the HD trucks.

With your logic they should still be making Terminator engines...but I guess someone at Ford decided that it was a non SVT worthy engine and that it should be discontinued. And it must have been the same guy who made the decision on the 13-14 GT500? Its obvious you have no clue how the auto industry functions.

Jefe

Established Member
Thoughts on what pricing will do to slightly used Raptors once the '17 is out? Really want to get into a supercharged 6.2 extended cab in the next year or so. I could see the 5.4 going down but the 6.2?

Users who are viewing this thread