• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

What do you think...2011 camaro race

Discussion in 'Road Kill Drive-Thru' started by Amazin1, Jun 23, 2016.

1. FortLewisCobra

FortLewisCobra Member Established Member

Four Cams in a coyote makes it a far more complex and expensive operation.

2. Jon98Stang

Jon98Stang New Member Established Member

You can do a set of cams in the yote, and get intake exhaust blah blah blah, but a 5-600 dollar cam job on a ls, turns into easily 1500-2k on a yote. Camshaft x4, and everything else needed pick pockets you.

Glad to see people on here actually speaking with intelligence, Glad to see them actually give out good advice other than, it's gm its junk you should beat it all day, blah blah blah.

Cam swaps do make huge power differences and so does a good tuner on them as well.

Gt500 You'll need atleast a pulley and tune, VMP will definitely hook you up, and are literally 5 mins away from my house.
    He'll be doing mine as well.

3. Zemedici

Zemedici Well-Known Member Established Member

This is the honest truth.

+1. :beer: I bet pulley/tune it'll be close

4. Amazin1

Amazin1 Member Established Member

Love the honest advice here...makes my decision much easier. Went to VMP and they are going to do a 2.5 pulley, mid-pipe and a tune. Said it should be good for appx. 580 whp and i should "beat his dick into the dirt"...lol. Looking forward to it...i'll keep you all updated.

5. Rios302

Rios302 Member Established Member

Given the time and money you are better of slapping a supercharger or a turbo instead of bothering with cams. Unless you want to stay NA. With that being said, I myself would rather spend my money on other mods prior to even consider cams.

6. LEADfoot927

LEADfoot927 Member Established Member

I had the same exact scenario three months ago. My buddy got a 2014 Camaro SS with ever bolt on (CAI, throttle body, heads, big cam, headers, exhaust tune etc) He claimed 540 whp, I estimated it was maybe 510 whp. We ran 7 times with the same result: dead even. No one pulled on the other, all the way to 130+. My 2011 GT500 SVTPP was stock then.

A month later I got the VMP pulley/ tune and we did a rematch: I walked him repeatedly. We went to the track Friday and we both did around 10 runs each, I consistently averaged half a second and 5mph trap speed over him. You don't need any mods, just be on point with your shifting. you have a lighter car with more power and a SRA.

7. gameovergt

gameovergt Member Established Member

race him and see what happens!

8. GloomySVT

GloomySVT LolUMad? Established Member

If you really want to ensure a win, drop a big Whipple in your car.

9. SSMOKE-U

SSMOKE-U Super Petrosexual Established Member

This isn't a true statement. All I have done to my Vette is Headers, high flow cats, catback and cam. When we say "cam" it's usually understood that it includes supporting valve train mods. Not everybody is a liar.

10. ITRIEDEL

ITRIEDEL Active Member Established Member

Did this race happen? Camaro's are just heavy pigs... The new ones are a different animal, but the 5th gen were just too big and heavy. Went from a 2 Door 1LE to a 4 door Sedan and the Camaro still felt bigger and heavier. That being said, it handled better than any car I have ever owned or driven. Straight line, the power just wasn't there. I owned them both for a little bit and going from the V to the 1LE was almost sad... That's why I decided to sell it.

If I were to ever go back to a Camaro it would be the new ZL1. I test drove a 5th Gen ZL1 and it too just felt like the LSA was struggling.

Then again, I wasn't really impressed with the 11-12 GT500 as much.

Meh, OP race him stock. Mod and then race him again so you can see the difference.

11. Beercules

Beercules Active Member Established Member

...I have a time slip showing what my 14 gt500 did to a lingenfeldter (all kinds of stickers) zl1 camaro...I spun tires at the line also....I'm not afraid.

The local denver radio personality recently had his spirits crushed when some engine builders told him on air you can now build a coyote for more power, cheaper than an LS engine... and cammed coyotes sound almost stock, so there are sleepers out there paving the way for you guys, putting the fear of God into the random gm driver unlucky enough to run across one of them.

The turbo, auto coyotes are the ones that always beat me...I can't get traction at the line or shift like they can.

Haven't read this whole thread yet, but have a Camaro friend who told me they have some problem with their springs when they do cams. They relax into a compressed state and start floating after time?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  12. choate

choate Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand Established Member

Yep. Heck even the 01 style camaro and trans am make some good power with the old HCI mod. Heads. Cam. Intake. They all do it. I've had several of them whoop my butt at the drag strip and I have went 12.305 at 115mph

13. D1984

D1984 911 hunting Established Member

4th gen F bodies are still some of the deadliest MFers out there

14. Amazin1

Amazin1 Member Established Member

Well, i went to VMP and got a gen2 tvs, 2.4 pulley, 67mm tb, and 56 lb injectors and a lethal h-pipe...they said it should be good for around 660 whp. Somehow he found out about it and now he wants nothing to do with me...lol. Probably best for him because this thing is an animal now...what a difference!