What do you think of this cobra?

mustang3X

Established Member
Looks nice, other than the too high price.

Are you going to check it out in person?

Last edited:

BearsFTW18

Established Member
What do you think would be a fair price? That car is like 15 minutes from me so yeah I will.

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
This guy also has it listed on ebay for 13,5k reserve: Ford : Mustang 2dr Cpe SVT | eBay

Low miles, looks clean. Considering it has a non intercooled Vortech I would go and drive it and listen to that engine. I would ask the seller who it was tuned by then try to contact that tuner and ask him his thoughts on that car. Overall sweet ride and love that color.

mustang3X

Established Member
Going to get a lot of different opinions on price, I'd say around 11 to 11.5 based on the pics and description, leaving room to go up or down if the car is exceptionally clean or if there are issues that need to be addressed. I don't think he'd get much more than that if it was on the sales forum here.

Rest assured you'll get plenty of thoughts on the pricing topic.

Also try to get info from other guys who have SC cobras so you know what to look for as far as trouble spots. You really don't want to buy someones project they couldn't get sorted out.

Be picky and in depth on your inspection, you'll want to be sure all the work was done properly.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
there was on in s. florida when I bought mine that was Al Pippito (not sure on that spelling, but a well known Florida tuner) built car...forged everything, supercharged, suspension all done, really nice wheels and tires, outside was really clean, a car that was completely done and really nice and was baaaaad to the bone to look at. I wanted it BAD!!! he was asking $12.5k at the time. wish I had the money to get that one.

BearsFTW18

Established Member
Just talke to a salesmen from there. He said the car comes with a bunch of receipts but he's doesn't believe a dyno sheet is in there. He said nothing's been done to the engine just the Vortech. He said he's drove it many times and the car feels great and doesn't seem lean or anything.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I would say take note of absolutely everything that you might wanna change on it, and what it would cost. If you buy a $13k sn95, then go and change several things, before long it's approaching cost of 03/04 cobra. Nothing wrong with the price if its exceptional and you like the color - which most ppl do

BearsFTW18

Established Member
LOVE the color and it's already boosted and has exhaust, etc. I can't think of anything I'd change except maybe the wheels eventually.

mustang3X

Established Member
Just talke to a salesmen from there. He said the car comes with a bunch of receipts but he's doesn't believe a dyno sheet is in there. He said nothing's been done to the engine just the Vortech. He said he's drove it many times and the car feels great and doesn't seem lean or anything.

Haha, yes, because a used car salesman certainly knows whether a SC cobra is running lean by driving it. sorry, couldn't resist that, 99% of those guys are nitwits who don't have a clue about anything automotive let alone a SC cobra.

Be sure to let us know how the test drive goes :banana:

BearsFTW18

Established Member
haha i do agree. He was like "I'm use to driving porche's and ferrari's and the car feels nice and smooth to me." It does have an A/F gauge in the car too.

BearsFTW18

Established Member
I won't buy a car sight unseen and I can't get to CA. I'd also like a boosted one. I can't go from having 2 s/c cars to not having one haha.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
You have an 03/04 Cobra and you want to get rid of it? Why?
That SN95 Cobra is sweet! I don't think the price is too high. Everyone seems to discredit their worth; thus everyone just starts selling them dirt cheap. Good for buyers, bad for sellers.

I think I'd keep the 03/04 because its screaming yellow, forged from factory and just stupid sexy!

BearsFTW18

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my cobra but if I sold it for a cheaper fox body/mach 1/ or SN95 cobra, I could afford that AND a cheap little DD.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I like it, low miles doesn't look beat-up. It looks clean and very well done. I think the price is right on too. Don't worry about dyno sheets. Make sure it runs and drives without hiccup. I think that combo with 4.10's would be a very fun street car.

Last edited:

Craiger77

Established Member
I think you will regret selling your 04 once you have the 98. Trust me I've been there already. I sold a 03 cobra in 2005 and have missed it since. I sold it so my wife could go back to school and, honestly, I was too young (ie:poor -lol) to own it properly. I wish now I would have tried harder to make it work because I think I could have if I worked harder. I was impatient, did the easy thing and sold it. The 98 looks like a nice ride but its not your cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread