What do you use in your T-45?

fastback brian

Established Member
mercon 3??? you mean dextron 3... ford has replaced mercon with merconV for the t-45's.....Motorcraft mercon=GM dextron3....the t-45 has paper friction on the blocker rings and needs modern ATF to work properly...

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
mercon 3??? you mean dextron 3... ford has replaced mercon with merconV for the t-45's.....Motorcraft mercon=GM dextron3....the t-45 has paper friction on the blocker rings and needs modern ATF to work properly...

All the name brand and generic atf bottles at my parts store call it dextron mercon I, II, III, V, etc.. So i just call it mercon and the number.

Walt from promotion told me that any mercon 3 ATF will work fine for the T45's. He said don't waste your money on high dollar mercon III or V's. They're all the same. He built my T45 and I anally rape it during shifts.

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Walt from promotion told me that any mercon 3 ATF will work fine for the T45's. He said don't waste your money on high dollar mercon III or V's. They're all the same. He built my T45 and I anally rape it during shifts.

That line is sig worthy:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread