What engines can you fit in the SHO??

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
My sis got screwed with her engine as many did, and would like to know what my options are to replace the engine. I would rather play with it... but is the $$ to high to be worth it?

I can't stand the fact that the car has sat for years....

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Which SHO model? Year? Tranny?

If its the V6 (MTX) then swap in a 3.2L You can pick the V6s up pretty damn cheap. If its the V8 SHO, only the V8 will go back in. The is an SC out there for it as well.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yeah, not any options out there. Cams went eh? :) Junkyard motors are 2k+ :) The cams should have gotten welded. $500 check out www.v8sho.com

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
Think about it she's a chick that has no sense of cars.... cams what?? I think she was one of the first that gut f'd but by now way to late... top it off she bought from carmax not ford... so hard to make any type of warranty claim when used and from a 3rd party. Thanks for the info though...

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If she just needs a driver, you could probably put any complete taurus/sable engine and trans assm. w/pcm and harness in there...if you still need a hot rod, then perhaps engine and trans w/ pcm and harness from 95-02 lincoln continental=32v DOHC 4.6 similar to mark8 and cobras but detuned for front drive apps......Warning last option not going to be cheap.

99V8SHO

Established Member
If you can't find another SHO V8 to put in there, your best bet would be to just part it out. There is a demand for parts for this car. That would most likely be your best route.

love bandit2

Established Member
I read about that cam thing.. that really really really sucks. ****in Ford! they should stand behind their shit! all these car companies are the same...

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
Actually bro, welding of the cams is not recommended. :nono: They have found that welding the cams can and will cause warpage of them, and will do just as much damage if not more. ShoShop has come up with a way to fix them using roll pins. Costs about $500.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Of course thats what SS says....I haven't heard about that warping problem from anyone

SHOspazz92

Established Member
Originally posted by BuckChoklit
Actually bro, welding of the cams is not recommended. :nono: They have found that welding the cams can and will cause warpage of them, and will do just as much damage if not more. ShoShop has come up with a way to fix them using roll pins. Costs about $500.
Your going to belive what SHOshop says? Yikes......heard buisness isnt going to well for are friends at the SHOshop. Should we start placeing bets on how many more months they are in buisness?:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread