What ever happened to the larger TVS project?

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Was curious as to what happened with this? From what I'm reading the TVS is more efficient than the twin-screw blowers out there but lacks the size to compete with 2.9+ liter blowers. BJ said something a while back about tooling costs being high but how can KB and Whipple do it yet Eaton cannot?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Was curious as to what happened with this? From what I'm reading the TVS is more efficient than the twin-screw blowers out there but lacks the size to compete with 2.9+ liter blowers. BJ said something a while back about tooling costs being high but how can KB and Whipple do it yet Eaton cannot?

A 2.3L TVS will stay right with a 2.9 or 2.8 twin screw. It will also make torque quicker.

Eaton CAN...there's just not a market for it. It wouldn't surprise me to see one someday, but for now, you can take a 2.3L VMP Gen II TVS and eat a 2.9 whipple up.

bj

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
A 2.3L TVS will stay right with a 2.9 or 2.8 twin screw. It will also make torque quicker.

Eaton CAN...there's just not a market for it. It wouldn't surprise me to see one someday, but for now, you can take a 2.3L VMP Gen II TVS and eat a 2.9 whipple up.

bj

Thanks, BJ! First round of mods I'm leaning towards one of your kits. Do you have any customers at high elevation?

my13Elenor

Established Member
What advantage is their to the VMP as opposed to porting a stock blower and port matching it to a, say BPS elbow and aftermarket throttle body? Wouldn't they produce similar results? Or are their other advantages to the VMP?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
What advantage is their to the VMP as opposed to porting a stock blower and port matching it to a, say BPS elbow and aftermarket throttle body? Wouldn't they produce similar results? Or are their other advantages to the VMP?

1. Stock blower (pre-2013) doesn't come close to matching the air that flows through a GEN II.

2. Stock blower (13-14), ported, comes close but doesn't match the GEN II.

3. By the time you buy a Trinity, port it and buy an elbow for it, you're into it for $2500 (MORE OR LESS). Great setup. You can get a better setup, with a warranty for less than
$350 more when you use your SVTP discount code. Either way works.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread