What glue to use on 1/4 panel scopes???

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
When I bought the set they came with some double sided tape but my painter sead it's not the strongest thing to hold them on. He dose have another glue but it's very strong and if one day I do dicide to take them off thell come off with the paint :(

So what glue did you guys use to put them on?
And no JD Weld is not an option LOL

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
duct-tape-zip-ties.jpg

Personal preference between the two. :p

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I'd use 3M Automotive Trim Adhesive. It's a tape. Clean the area really well with rubbing alcohol, then press them on. Apply firm pressure for about 5 minutes and you'll never have to worry about them. If you choose to take them off, you can pull um off without hurting the paint.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Use a hairdryer with that 3m tape, you can heat the back of the tape up and have it stick much better.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
3m double side tape with Bulldog adhesion promoter used on the paint.. Been on for 4 years and 160+ MPH

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
Thanks guys will do.
Just got the car back from a buff/wax and it sucks cuz I can't keep her in my garge. I gotta keep her in the back yard and it's going to rain this weekend. Also cats and every framing animal loves to sleep on my car when it's clean

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
Thanks guys will do.
Just got the car back from a buff/wax and it sucks cuz I can't keep her in my garge. I gotta keep her in the back yard and it's going to rain this weekend. Also cats and every framing animal loves to sleep on my car when it's clean

$70 car cover-does wonders and rain doesn't really penetrate it, only hard spray will from a hose will, as for cats well airsoft toys help

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Please don't use an airsoft gun. A children's water pistol will acomplish the same task and won't harm the animal.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
A little spring loaded airsoft won't hurt em any, just scare em away. just don't shoot em in the face.

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
I plan on killing them... Mofos scrached up the paint of my old car :( LOL jk about the killing. I'll just get them with a water hose

mustangsf4life

Black Venom
Established Member
3M actually makes an adhesion promoter in a packet. We used it in the body shop when we applied 3M double sided tape to mouldings and then to the car. Its the only way to do it properly. 3M stands behind this as well. Ive never seen a moulding come of with this application.

Users who are viewing this thread