What happened to the turbo builders like JPC and EDP?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I know JPC is still around, but do not hear much from them regarding the newest mustangs. Also havent heard about EDP in awhile. CPR still around too???

alejandro flores says theres a new shop that is doing pretty good with the 2018s, but forgot their names.
Really love how the 5.0s are so dominant. Dont even need a GT500. Get a 5.0 w/ a10 add boost and let it eat.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I know JPC is still around, but do not hear much from them regarding the newest mustangs. Also havent heard about EDP in awhile. CPR still around too???

alejandro flores says theres a new shop that is doing pretty good with the 2018s, but forgot their names.
Really love how the 5.0s are so dominant. Dont even need a GT500. Get a 5.0 w/ a10 add boost and let it eat.

CPR can probably tell you some stories.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
Aldo Welds is the shop Flores was pimping, Fathouse Fab seems to be another kit that people talk up and for 15-grand that thing better come with a timeshare in 'Vegas. That Aldo Welds kit is likely up there also.

Any 15-17 kit should fit the '18's.

Reaper14

Established Member
The Fabhouse kit goes for 25k installed I believe. Don't know anyone with it or having bought it. Id be happy with a CPR but went whipple instead.

V.C

droidman86

Established Member
I can tell you EDP ripped me off last year. He sent me only half of the kit after 3 months of me paying him. I received the 76mm turbo, downpipe, intercooler and headers. I had to finish it myself which cost me about $3K plus the $6k I had paid him for the whole kit.

I had to buy all cold side, hot side, couplers, welding labor, wastegates, blow off valve, oil lines, adapters, fittings and a bunch of other small stuff needed to complete the install.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
I can tell you EDP ripped me off last year. He sent me only half of the kit after 3 months of me paying him. I received the 76mm turbo, downpipe, intercooler and headers. I had to finish it myself which cost me about $3K plus the $6k I had paid him for the whole kit.

I had to buy all cold side, hot side, couplers, welding labor, wastegates, blow off valve, oil lines, adapters, fittings and a bunch of other small stuff needed to complete the install.

You ain't alone there. I know TBR dropped them in 2015. JPC has been around over a decade, they arent going anywhere.

svt04cobra1

Established Member
BBR has a Single Turbo kit that fits the 2011-2019 Mustang. This is the kit on my 2018. I made 703/584 on 5.5psi and E85.

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 720
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 482

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The Fathouse Fabs kit is twin turbo I believe??
Quality work, but still paying quite a pretty penny for it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
BBR has a Single Turbo kit that fits the 2011-2019 Mustang. This is the kit on my 2018. I made 703/584 on 5.5psi and E85.

Ive been looking for more info on this kit for months.

Did you do a build thread? Can you tell us more?

703 on 5.5 psi!!?!??! Really??

Have you dyno'd at 15 psi yet and if so, any valve float issues?

svt04cobra1

Established Member
I will start a thread tomorrow. We did not test 15lbs yet because I didn’t want to pop my motor on a brand new 2018 Mustang. We did test on 12psi but did not get the tune dialed in and I wanted to be safe so I had Chris do the most with less boost to dial in the tune. I was very happy with the results and the car driveability was like stock until you hit the go pedel. Then I totaled my 2018. Now I have a 2019 GTCS so the kits going back on that.

svt04cobra1

Established Member
Torque management and the learning curve on the 2018. No excuses here only the truth. Once the kit goes back on the 2019, we will be posting back pressure number and all tech info anyone wants to know.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I would probably give Hellion a look if I were going TT. They recently introduced a new setup that resides under the car so you can have a sleeper look if you wanted.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Torque management and the learning curve on the 2018. No excuses here only the truth. Once the kit goes back on the 2019, we will be posting back pressure number and all tech info anyone wants to know.

So what's the verdict?

svt04cobra1

Established Member
Still haven't completed the install on my 2019. Its on the schedule for the next couple of weeks but Customer cars first, then the shop car. We just had the connection pipe made on a 2017 Mustang to connect up the stock or aftermarket exhaust to the down pipe and also a fender exit exhaust pipe. I will post numbers on this 2017 with regards to back pressure or any other data anyone wants to see.

svt04cobra1

Established Member
Blow By Racing's Stage 1 or Stage 2 Demon Killer now offers 3 great exhaust exits. You have the choice of Open down pipe, Fender exit, or Stock/Aftermarket exhaust exit.

Attachments

• Exhaust Stock Y-1.jpg
    Exhaust Stock Y-1.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 407
  • Exhaust Stock Y-2.jpg
    Exhaust Stock Y-2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 352
  • Exhaust Stock Y-3.jpg
    Exhaust Stock Y-3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 412
  • Exhaust Stock Y-4.jpg
    Exhaust Stock Y-4.jpg