What happened to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
JDM? I've been on an off for a while, and I just realized they're not on the Supporting Vendor section. Sid? Larry? Bob? Anyone?

Hope everyone's L is running smooth...

Thanks

Tom

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
They probably figured word of mouth is getting them plenty of business and there was no need to continue paying vendor fees. But I'm just speculating....

BigMattfromNJ

Established Member
They probably figured word of mouth is getting them plenty of business and there was no need to continue paying vendor fees. But I'm just speculating....

My guess to. from the way it looks and sounds they don't need any help getting people in there shop. There a great shop but there prices to me are on the high side. it is cheaper for me to drive 2 hours to jlp for a dyno tune then the 15 mins it would take me to get to jdm for a dyno tune.

Black 2000

Boss Hoss
Established Member
My guess to. from the way it looks and sounds they don't need any help getting people in there shop. There a great shop but there prices to me are on the high side. it is cheaper for me to drive 2 hours to jlp for a dyno tune then the 15 mins it would take me to get to jdm for a dyno tune.

You get what you pay for. Good luck.
Later...
Bruce

BigMattfromNJ

Established Member
Later...
Bruce

Yea i know that but if you ask me asking double what the tuner i will using for just the dyno time is nuts. plus a guy with a 8 second lightning i doubt he doesn't know his stuff. Plus when your in high school ever buck counts for mods.

Black 2000

Boss Hoss
Established Member
Yea i know that but if you ask me asking double what the tuner i will using for just the dyno time is nuts. plus a guy with a 8 second lightning i doubt he doesn't know his stuff. Plus when your in high school ever buck counts for mods.

LOL. Do a search, take a poll and learn something just like you do in high school and you will find the information that you need. Just because someone has a 7 second possible truck that runs 8's may not mean as much as you think.
Later...
Bruce

ecoastkid

Established Member
Later...
Bruce

JLP tuned my truck and I have had zero issues for 20k+ miles. I been happy with all the products and service I have received from them.

Want to know why I didnt go to JDM? It wasnt only because of the prices or the 6 mth waiting list. Alot of it was because I dont want to be associated with the majority of their customers.

soniclightning

Established Member
JLP tuned my truck and I have had zero issues for 20k+ miles. I been happy with all the products and service I have received from them.

Want to know why I didnt go to JDM? It wasnt only because of the prices or the 6 mth waiting list. Alot of it was because I dont want to be associated with the majority of their customers.

Could not of said it any better.

FordFanStan

Established Member
LOL. Do a search, take a poll and learn something just like you do in high school and you will find the information that you need. Just because someone has a 7 second possible truck that runs 8's may not mean as much as you think.
Later...
Bruce

Why is it you can only come on this site and badmouth other vendors? If you had a valid complaint with one, that wasn't being dealt with, than that would be something else. But you... you always jump on here to badmouth for no reason at all other than to try to make your favorite vendor look better, which in reality is only is making you look worse. And on a site where that vendor never visits at that, pfff. If you have a a personal problem, than take it up with that particular vendor... Stan

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
If DMP were to say blow up or disappear some other way than I would'nt blink twice going JDM. You do get what you pay for. I think any of the big names build good engines it's just that some of them have better customer service than others.

tpr103

Established Member
wow how come every board has this same argument! jlp vs jdm lol. i personally think jdm has high prices, but since im ten min. from them i go to them more. they helped me when i converted my truck to s/c, and now with the new motor build up they lent me special tools. i have hung with jl and sue and they are great people. i woul dlove to see a pinks with jdm vs jlp. only thing they would have to start with stock Ls and do comparible mods.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member

Don't be a sheep and follow the fastest truck JUST because it is the fastest truck.

Just because someone can market themself and put out the fastest Gen 2 Lightning doesn't mean he's the best.

Do your due diligence and research. If after that, you conclude JLP is for you, then great! But at least you won't have based it on something as foolish who has the fastest L.

I always get a kick outta how Mikee avoids these threads! I'm sure it has to do with blood pressure. :D

Stewart

ecoastkid

Established Member
wow how come every board has this same argument! jlp vs jdm lol. i personally think jdm has high prices, but since im ten min. from them i go to them more. they helped me when i converted my truck to s/c, and now with the new motor build up they lent me special tools. i have hung with jl and sue and they are great people. i woul dlove to see a pinks with jdm vs jlp. only thing they would have to start with stock Ls and do comparible mods.

It never seemed that way to me on this board until lately. A couple of people are constantly throwing pot shots with no facts to back it up (Usally JDM customers) and its really annoying. I'm not saying everyone should love any vendor or anything but damn, if your gonna make these statements, they should be backed up with some documentation and some facts. Hell we dont even here the story most of the time...

Don't be a sheep and follow the fastest truck JUST because it is the fastest truck.

Just because someone can market themself and put out the fastest Gen 2 Lightning doesn't mean he's the best.

Do your due diligence and research. If after that, you conclude JLP is for you, then great! But at least you won't have based it on something as foolish who has the fastest L.

I always get a kick outta how Mikee avoids these threads! I'm sure it has to do with blood pressure. :D

Stewart

I agree, but I think the guy your responding to was making a reasonable assumption that JLP probably knows a thing or two about L's. I dont think he was saying "JLP has the fastest truck therefore he knows the most and I'm going to him" I think its just a one peice of information among alot of things that can help you decide what is best for you.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
This is going nowhere fast. EVERYBODY should do their own research, there isn't one vendor that has 100% satisfaction rate that I know of and if you honestly think that you "Get what you pay for" from any of the high priced big name Lightning vendors then you are mistaken - especially when it comes to engines.

Lets move on to extolling the virtues of the SV's that are still on here and support us. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread