What Injectors are you running?

NoLimitRacing

Established Member
I'm ready to pull the trigger on my fuel system, was set on id1300 but now I'm considering the id1700 and until just recently the FIC lineup.

Fuel system is most likely going to be the triple pump set up from lethal. Taking advantage of the small discount this year.

The car will be a ported eaton, 2.93 upper and 4lb lower, ARH long tube headers, no cat & h pipe. BA2600 MAF. E85 90% of the time but I will have a 91 gas tune just incase.

Near future planned power adder will be a nitrous kit 100-150 shot.

Distant future planned to add gen 5 whipple.

Distanter future planned built 4.6 with custom cams and all the pervious mentioned add ons.

Any suggestions?

gtmustang00

Established Member
1300's are plenty. My tuner said 1300's are way easier to tune as well. But honestly, you could get away with 1000's. I'd put 1300's in.

Soap

Established Member
I run 1700's on the stock ECU, no issues at all, however I am on high % ethanol full time. You might not be able to get those to work with pump gas, just too much injector to scale down that much.

--Joe

96dreamer

Established Member
My experience is with an ms3pro ultimate not a factory computer but my 96 is running bosch 210lb injectors (2200cc) and idles fine on 93. Duty cycle is less than 1% at idle.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I run ID 1050x’s, built motor, cams etc E85 full time, KB 2.8h making 850 wheel. No problem with 1050’s.

My tuner tells me the 1050x’s are good for 1000rwhp. No way you need 1700’s on a ported Eaton setup.

I think you will have drivability issues trying to run that size injector with a stock motor and an Eaton.

NoLimitRacing

Established Member
I run 1700's on the stock ECU, no issues at all, however I am on high % ethanol full time. You might not be able to get those to work with pump gas, just too much injector to scale down that much.

--Joe
Where are you located that you have access to high %ethanol? I should go test the stations around me to find out their %.

NoLimitRacing

Established Member
I run ID 1050x’s, built motor, cams etc E85 full time, KB 2.8h making 850 wheel. No problem with 1050’s.

My tuner tells me the 1050x’s are good for 1000rwhp. No way you need 1700’s on a ported Eaton setup.

I think you will have drivability issues trying to run that size injector with a stock motor and an Eaton.
What are you fuel pump duty %? Where do you think the 1050s start maxing out?

96dreamer

Established Member
What's the advantage of going with a third party ecu?
For me personally it added a lot of features that the factory 96 ecu did not have. Trying to add boost control, traction control, flex fuel, all of the safety parameters would end up costing much more than the stand alone if even possible at all. If it was me and I had an 03/04 car and was doing anything more than bolt ons I would invest in a ms3 plug n play.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I think people tend to forget that driveability is the same whether you have a stock eaton or Whipple 4.0. When the engine is out of boost and at part throttle it doesn't know what blower it has. So if you can make 1700's drive fine with a big blower you should be able to do the same with the eaton.

My opinion was going to be run the 1050's or 1300's now until the built engine comes. At that point reassess what is needed.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My experience is with an ms3pro ultimate not a factory computer but my 96 is running bosch 210lb injectors (2200cc) and idles fine on 93. Duty cycle is less than 1% at idle.
Bosch injectors go through some crazy testing...asking me how I know...testing Bosch injectors right now...lol

NoLimitRacing

Established Member
Bosch injectors go through some crazy testing...asking me how I know...testing Bosch injectors right now...lol
To my knowledge Bosch no longer offers Injectors with their name on it? I know all Injectors are Bosch cores but they are handed to 3rd party vendors and they "finalize " the Injectors .

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Few observations. You don't need a triple pump set up for what you're looking to do. You can take a stock pump hat and modify it by adding a 2nd feed on it and run twin 340's. That will easily support a ported Eaton setup on corn, even with a 150 shot. This is what we used to do back in the day before they made all these fancy billet fuel pump hats. I don't know what nitrous system you are looking at, but if it's a wet, make sure you don't pull fuel off the rail for the fuel solenoid to avoid a lean spike when it's activated. Find a used set of ID1050's, that should be plenty sufficient.

When you start getting to the point where you need to spend $2k+ on injectors, that is the time to start considering an aftermarket computer like the Holley or whatever you like. You can run the $600 Bosch 210's then and roll that money saved into the standalone.

Users who are viewing this thread