What is a good rate to pay for Sirius xm?

IA Shelby

Established Member
I have three cars that are Sirius enabled. I have let 2/3 lapse. The one that is still active I find myself listening to quite a bit.

I know they are quick to negotiate on rates.

What is the best deal you have all received on Sirius?

I thought I read someone got them to agree to $100 a year.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
$25 for 6 months is usually what I get renewal offers for.

That's what I pay. Comes to just under $30 with taxes. It auto renews at the full price after 6 months but you can call and have them adjust the price back to the "promotional" rate and refund you the difference.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
I like it when you are on the phone with them and they end with "we know you have choices in satellite radio, thank you for choosing SiriusXM" I have wanted to ask what my other choices are. I had an issue with them earlier this year. My mom bought me a 2 year subscription for my 2014 along with the Travellink updates for my nav system, they never activated the nav updates. Had to escalate it a few levels, but finally got it handled.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
they are running three month free right now. At least, they are for me. I got a letter in the mail saying I was getting it for a free trial.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
The 90 day free trial on my 2011 GT lasted from Jun 10 - Jan 14. I guess they finally did an audit and turned it off. I was nearly convinced it would be free forever. I stopped the subscriptions on my other two vehicles before I bought my 2011 when they insisted that they wanted full price after I was getting it deeply discounted for several years. Full price is just way too pricey IMO.

20redfire03

Established Member
Free. It was pointless. Most channels suck then the ones you do use play the same loop of songs just like regular radio.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
$25 for 6 months is usually what I get renewal offers for.

That's what I pay. Comes to just under $30 with taxes. It auto renews at the full price after 6 months but you can call and have them adjust the price back to the "promotional" rate and refund you the difference.

I call every six months and tell them that I want to cancel my service, and I get this deal every time.

THIS^^^ anything more is for suckers...

dom418

Established Member
I bought the lifetime membership back when they offered it for like $400 about 8 years ago. Not one bill, and I have free internet radio too. No sure if they still do that.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You can definitely get Sirius to give you a substantial discount, and definitely do that if you're a committed Sirius user. I had Sirius for a few years but got tired of paying for Sirius' for each vehicle, and saw limitations of content. I checked out Pandora and instantly saw it to be a superior chose for me. I love that I can choose the artists/music styles of my choice by creating stations. So now I pay $36.00 a year and listen to the artists of my choosing. Oh, and that $36.00 fee is not "per vehicle". One price and you can use your Pandora account for all of your vehicles and also in your home/office. :)

Users who are viewing this thread