What is happening with the interest and activity of our cars and this forum

FIREBALL

Established Member
Wow, all of a sudden this forum has seemed to lose interest and activity? I joined here 3 years ago because this was the most active forum for our model cars and the most informative and i had just gotten back into Mustangs from a long time off. Whats happening? Are our cars the least popular older model Mustangs? or are all the info with advice, upgrades and repairs worn out and no longer interesting or pertinent? Or is it just the time of year?. Not really complaining , just concerned and disappointed. Guess its just the way things go but im hoping some how there will be a resurgent of interest for our cars and this forum.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OP what have you contributed?

I spend too much money on mods. I also dont take the time to document everything as I should/could, because I'm impatient.

I have $7500 worth of parts going in to my car next week, and another $5500 in August/September.

Its not that the website is stagnant, it's just that it takes time to contribute meaningful content.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
The Terminator section is very active. However, forums as a whole are nothing like they used to be just a few years ago.

Facebook had a major effect on forums but it's my opinion that as people realize that FB is the scourge of social media, forums will make a comeback.

I'm old and don't know shit though.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
It comes and goes. With warmer weather people are online less. And I think the prices for these cars are dropping so a younger crowd is getting a hold of them. And that crowd likes Facebook better.

I'd contribute but last I heard my old 01 is somewhere in Texas.

FIREBALL

Established Member
OP what have you contributed?
I spend too much money on mods. I also dont take the time to document everything as I should/could, because I'm impatient.

I have $7500 worth of parts going in to my car next week, and another $5500 in August/September.

Well Ive only been here 3 years but no matter how long im going to try and not ask impertinent or sarcastic questions or directly brag about how much money im spending on my car. I ask question when im not sure about something or need some opinions----and give some advice when I think it will contribute.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not bragging by any means. That's pennies on the dollars for a lot of the builds on this site.

Simply stating that people are doing things, and not necessarily posting threads like they used to. YouTube has cut out a lot of the general question and answer threads.

I wasnt asking what you contribute to be sarcastic, I was curious as to what you've contributed or what you have added to the value of this site, as you're asking where all the value went.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The Terminator section is very active. However, forums as a whole are nothing like they used to be just a few years ago.

Facebook had a major effect on forums but it's my opinion that as people realize that FB is the scourge of social media, forums will make a comeback.

I'm old and don't know shit though.
#metoo

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Its summer OP. I have been here since 05 and this is pretty much par for the course. As Smooth said, FB really gave forums a beating but i also agree the trend seems to be people moving away from FB. Imo forums will make a comeback again

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

52merc

Established Member
Some of us lurk more than post. I've got some front end parts to install to address my bumpsteer which I measured and feel is quite severe. Our house is being renovated right now and my garage is full of kitchen cabinets, appliances, and carpentry tools. The goal is to get back in the house by 10-Aug. After we get all the furniture, etc., back in the house, then I'll start working on the suspension and post what I did and how it effected the bumpsteer.

shurur

Established Member
well I am probably being subjective. but, I think a lot of the folks with money to do mods have moved on to newer models.

The rest of us left are still looking at UDP, LT or maybe saving up for a power adder...edit: And most doing a power adders end up posting in the terminator section.

But all those mods on a 20+ year old car is old hat now and not going to lay down forged terminator hp.

I am still excited about my little na cobra and my little incremental hp mods in the future.

Last edited:

52merc

Established Member
Anyone can make power with a supercharger or turbocharger. It takes patience, ingenuity, and resourcefulness to make power naturally aspirated. I plan on keeping my car NA.

And maybe some help form NA SVT.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
well I am probably being subjective. but, I think a lot of the folks with money to do mods have moved on to newer models.

The rest of us left are still looking at UDP, LT or maybe saving up for a power adder...edit: And most doing a power adders end up posting in the terminator section.

But all those mods on a 20+ year old car is old hat now and not going to lay down forged terminator hp.

I am still excited about my little na cobra and my little incremental hp mods in the future.

I'll be honest and say I looked at selling my Cobra for a bit. And I've decided if that were to happen I'd step away from Mustangs for a bit. I've had one since I was 16 so I think a break wouldn't be a bad idea. Plus after driving my cousin in law's S6 my opinion of comfort and power has changed a little.

But instead I spend money on a blower and fuel system. I just haven't had time to install it.

Anyone can make power with a supercharger or turbocharger. It takes patience, ingenuity, and resourcefulness to make power naturally aspirated. I plan on keeping my car NA.

And maybe some help form NA SVT.

N/A is good if you're not looking for huge power. But let's be honest, there's only so much you can do with 281ci. Even 5.3's have their limits. I think mid 400's is the most I've see out of a 5.3 with head work and custom cams. I know for a lot of people that's enough. But I wanted more that's why I went supercharged even back in the day. Plus it was nice having the stock idle. If I had a quiet blower no one would have known what lurked under the hood.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't to tear down anyone else's goals. Just putting out my experiences.

I feel I should add that I still have love for the 99/01. It's what I learned about 4V's with. My opinion has always been that the 99/01 is good for people that want to make it there own. Seeing as they didn't come supercharged and where a tad lighter it's easier to go the handling route or power route.

The 03/04 tend to be more cookie cutter as there's a recipe for every level. You 500hp? Follow these steps.... Same with power levels up to 4 digits.

Just my opinion of course.

52merc

Established Member
I'm not really against FI. It's a choice. But once you start, where do you end? The way I see it, you add a blower with associated goodies and a tune. Then you dump the cats and install headers. Then you break half-shafts and fix up the IRS. Then the transmission goes and you need a Magnum. Then you get power greedy and bend a rod or melt a piston, and rebuild with forged internals. Then you need bigger brakes to stop it. It just seems like it would never end.

Since we do not have any sort of a track around here anymore there just doesn't seem to be a good enough reason to have huge amounts of power. My car is mostly street driven and carving corners, etc. is where I get my fun.

Parts are expensive in Canada which adds to my reasons for staying NA.

Now, OP, this forum section has some activity which is good to see.

shurur

Established Member
I'll be honest and say I looked at selling my Cobra for a bit. And I've decided if that were to happen I'd step away from Mustangs for a bit. I've had one since I was 16 so I think a break wouldn't be a bad idea. Plus after driving my cousin in law's S6 my opinion of comfort and power has changed a little.

As you know my other car is a 2002 audi a4 b6 3.0 6 MT; so I completely understand the Audi thing.

I like the B8.5 S4 or a future 2.7TT swap into my B6.

This may be my only mustang. Kelly is a rough ride though..but a real raw car experience. Thats why I love her.

I think you also have a A6 3.0T that is your wife's car?? So you are getting hooked.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
As you know my other car is a 2002 audi a4 b6 3.0 6 MT; so I completely understand the Audi thing.

I like the B8.5 S4 or a future 2.7TT swap into my B6.

This may be my only mustang. Kelly is a rough ride though..but a real raw car experience. Thats why I love her.

I think you also have a A6 3.0T that is your wife's car?? So you are getting hooked.

I'm definitely getting hooked. If I didn't need my truck the S6 would be high on my list for daily drivers. In fact it was one of the cars I was considering if I sold my Cobra.

Although my wife and I had lunch with them a couple weeks ago and his wife basically gave him the green light to pick up a used R8. So now I have to wait and see if he'll let me drive it. Then I'll probably have to figure out which body parts I don't really need.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Things change as always.

This is one of the few sites that has lasted through change.

The newer car sections is like ours was at one time.

50 responses in mins.

52merc

Established Member
I follow the F150Forum as well and it is crazy just trying to keep up with the daily posts. The FORScan thread has over 20,000 posts and 5.9 million views.

Recon

Established Member
Compared to this forum the other 2 I’m on are so lifeless it’s sometimes 2 days between posts on the timeline. Even though I’m not an SVT owner and probably won’t be for a very long time, if ever, I quite enjoy this forum. I will say I’d be all over a 99 Cobra Electric Cobra with the tan interior option or if I could obtain (dreaming at the moment) a 00R or the “perfect to me” 94 Cobra. Anyway this forum as a whole is enjoyable. There are those that seem to thrive on conflict or enjoy stirring the pot; which other members are good at getting them to go on vacation. I enjoy the discussions about other cars besides Ford’s that seem to be new daily created threads on that subject alone. I also agree that Facebook has steered many away from the forums. I’m 25 and I haven’t been on Facebook since the Coyote came out. I’ve been pressured by family, friends, and club members to join again; not interested in returning. Ever. This as Facebook as I’ll ever get. The drama here is avoidable and thankfully the nonsense is dealt with very quickly. I hope forums will return to the a norm among enthusiasts like it used to be.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread