What is the 93 Cobra worth???

IceMans93Cobra

Established Member
My mom wants to sell her Cobra, I have tried and tried to talk her out of it but she wants a newer vehicle. She bought hers brand new with 7 tenths of a mile on her. It is Teal with Leather and every option even sunroof. It has 63,000 pampered miles and not a ding or dent or blemish on the car. The car still looks like it rolled off the showroom floor. Never seen rain or snow and always stored in her heated and aircondtioned garage. Just a guesstimate??? What do you think that my mom can get out of her Cobra???? Of course it has been pampered my mom is 57 and she wouldnt let me drive hers. And of course it is bone stock other than the original tires just got replaced last year with Goodyear Eagle F1's.

Thank you all for your replies in advance,

Bryan

jrCobra

Established Member
I don't know about those "used car books." If you go off those then lets see you'd be sellin' for...what, about $10K, maybe. Sorry, I don't think so. Really though, those books don't exactly take into consideration the rarity of the 93 cobra(not that it's all that) Personally (and I emphasise the word PERSONALLY) I have seen 93 cobras with more miles and in worse shape go for a lot more than that. I was leary on paying what I did but everyone I ask tells me I got a really good deal.

I kinda averaged out used 93 cobras, on the net, in the papers and by word of mouth, this is what I came up with:

average milage: around 75K
condition: like new - some wear
mods: few-moderate
price: around $14K

This is just a personal observation I have come up with.

Here in Wichita I know a guy with a cobra exactly like mine (except leather int) whose got 36K miles, is in pristine condition and is selling for $14.5K. Kinda sucks because I like his and he's in the same neighborhood as me. I'm also putting mine up for sale to buy a new L. His cobra is tempting, though. In the local paper last month I saw a teal cobra going for under 10K, but it had a new motor (supercharged and all).

The only advice I can give is to look around and see what's on the market, there are a lot of good websites like autotrader.com, classifieds2000.com, ect. Don't be afraid to ask a little more(they'll always try to talk you down anyways). The only downside is that with the low interest rates, people are looking to buy new instead of used so now might not be a good time.

Oh, and by the way, just for comparison, I'm probably going to ask for about $13.5K for mine. It's black with gray cloth interior. The interior is immaculate and the exterior paint is in good shape, there are some rock chips up front from highway driving and vehicle is stock except for exhaust, shifter, and filter. The odometers readin' about 72,xxx miles, time for another oil change(damn, it's to friken cold out, too).:whine:

Good luck on selling. (wish me luck too) Personally, I'd keep it...if it weren't for this damned obsession for that new Lightning:bash:

svt2205

Established Member
check out the pricing guides listed on www.hemmings.com They access something called CPI Value Guide which gives some more reliable values for our cars. I think it lists a 93 Cobra at 13,100. Be sure to read their description of car condition.

Hope this helps
Henry
93 #2205

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Just A Tidbit:

As far as I know, and from what I've experienced... most financial institutions use the NADA bluebook for vehicle values, not Kelly, not Edmunds. They do also have a 'special vehicle' or 'collector car' book value. I found this out pricing out a '95 R. I'm assuming this might be affiliated with the NADA books.

Now bluebook values are for people to bargain with, dealers/wholesalers, or for people who have to take out a loan for a vehicle (moi), and doesn't necessarily mean that's how little or how much you should sell the vehcle for. Some people just flat out feel a vehicle is worth more than the next guy thinks. It also sometimes depends on the area in the US you are located. It seems vehicles up here (MN) are fetching more and are being sold for more than the same or equivilant vehicle is down south.

If she's gonna sell it, she better do it within the next year as the next possible owner would still be able to obtain a collateral loan for the vehicle (where the vehicle's title is used to put a lein on it for the loan) if need be, and it could be easier to sell that way. Past that period, if the prospect buyer doesn't have all the cash, they could still more than likely get a loan, but a personal/non-collateral, higher interest loan.

Some things to think about....

Users who are viewing this thread