What is the difference: New Edge vs. Terminator

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
I did a quick search and couldnt find what I was looking for. Sorry if this has been answered, though Im sure it has...

I am looking to buy a Bassani O/R x pipe and the guy had it on his 01 cobra. My question is, is there a difference between the exhaust on a New Edge Cobra vs. a Terminator? I know I will have to get the O2 extension, but other than that, will it fit on my 04 Cobra?

Thanks in advance.

Mystic03

Established Member
i dont think you will need o2extensions if the guy in the 01 was running stock manifolds but to answer your question it will fit fine there is no difference in exhaust set up, i ran a mid pipe from a 99cobra with no problems at all

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
The midpipe is the full length pipe that bolts up to shorty headers/factory manifolds. I thought one of the 04 Terminators o2 sensors was further back on the pipe than in the 03 & earlier...

BBCOBRA

Established Member
If yours is an 04, this may help. I just changed my mid pipe on my 04.

The 04 rear 02 sensors are in front of the rear cats instead of behind them on the h pipe section like all the other 99-04 v8, 5spd and cobra stangs. The factory mid pipe has 4 cats. The reason you need extensions is to reach from the 02 connectors on the car to the new locations on the aftermarket mid pipe 02 locations. So, yes you will need the extensions only if yours is an 04.

Last edited:

Slow99x

Established Member
Mid pipes are the same but the catback is different on the 99-01 and 03-04. The tips are bigger and angled on the 03-04.

Users who are viewing this thread