What is the modern definition of making “Big Money”?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Yeah, dumb question, IMO. You can make 300k and owe 1.5 million on a house. But the guy making 100k and having no debt is far better off.

I live in a 100k income household. I wouldn’t mind the 300k and 1.5 million house lol.

I live in East Texas. Where average rent is 1400ish a month for a 3 bed house.

I feel like 7 years ago when I made 100k to frac in the oil industry in colorado.. 100k went a LOT farther than it does now.

Gf and I aren’t “ struggling “ but.. the extra just isn’t there like it used to be. At all.

blk02edge

Established Member
Yeah, dumb question, IMO. You can make 300k and owe 1.5 million on a house. But the guy making 100k and having no debt is far better off.
What assets does the guy making 100k have though? Probably not building equity in a 1.5M house...

The 300k guy is much more likely killing it than 100k guy...

Zemedici

Established Member
I live in a 100k income household. I wouldn’t mind the 300k and 1.5 million house lol.

I live in East Texas. Where average rent is 1400ish a month for a 3 bed house.

I feel like 7 years ago when I made 100k to frac in the oil industry in colorado.. 100k went a LOT farther than it does now.

Gf and I aren’t “ struggling “ but.. the extra just isn’t there like it used to be. At all.

This is the truth, x100.

My dad made $115k or so for a minute, and we were living very comfortably (mom didn’t work)

I cleared 6 figures a few years ago, and i can’t buy half the shit he did lolol

Blown 89

Established Member
Median dual family income in Phoenix is $68k. The latest figures show that you need to make $112k to afford the average home. I'd say a dual family income of 200-300k is killing it. Society has gotten so fat and greedy we've lost track of what killing it really is. People weren't balling out of their minds 20+ years ago so the perception of wealth is skewed. There's no better example of this than the stupid shit said in the housing threads here.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
There isn't a set amount of income to be "killing it" or living the "high life".

Where you live, how you spend your money, how you invest play huge roles. Did I mention children?

We are living quite comfortable and don't take home near 300k a year....

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm def not killing but in Charleston, SC 100K isn't bad and the wife is around 75K so we live pretty good. Money isn't the problem but time away from work is and I/we need more quality time away from work. Not just resting for the next work day at home totally letting life slip by. But we are going to Disney next week down in Florida and I'm gonna be a 100% fu8king Child the entire time.

Morgan

Established Member
Hard to say for me in my line of work and the subsequent circle of friends. None of us kill it from that.

A good handful of people have multiple streams of income which can ebb and flow. Trucking companies, smoothie franchises, real estate…

I’ve read that most wealthy people have multiple streams.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Tell us more about these franchises- I’m curious which brands are more preferred and what type of earnings are expected.

Maybe a separate thread if others are interested ?

MG0h3

Established Member
Tell us more about these franchises- I’m curious which brands are more preferred and what type of earnings are expected.

Maybe a separate thread if others are interested ?

One dude owns a Tropical smoothie and is partnered in two more.

His partner owns like 4 and has some pizza franchises.

Sounds like they net about 10% and a low store is 500k gross annually and upper end 800-900k.

I decided against it for now due to not wanting a bunch of employees that I would likely want to kill after a week or two lol.

The guys that own semis do great. That’s what I’m leaning towards in the immediate future.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I decided against it for now due to not wanting a bunch of employees that I would likely want to kill after a week or two lol.

The guys that own semis do great. That’s what I’m leaning towards in the immediate future.

The employees part is why Im trying my hand at ice/water vending machines, **** having to hire people. The machine I'm getting only takes up about 20 square feet. I'll run the first machine for 90 days or so and if I'm happy probably order 2 more with the ultimate goal of 15-20

there can be a lot of money in trucking but you can also lose your ass in a hurry. Just make sure you have a GOOD consultant for DOT along with crap on crossing state lines and all the fuel taxes etc...

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
One dude owns a Tropical smoothie and is partnered in two more.

His partner owns like 4 and has some pizza franchises.

Sounds like they net about 10% and a low store is 500k gross annually and upper end 800-900k.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
That’s a horrible return for how much work franchises are

Morgan

Established Member
@MG0h3 and @DSG2003Mach1

Is the trucking concept that you’re buying a semi truck or fleet and then making it available to drivers or are you also establishing contracts to move freight? (I clearly know nothing about this industry)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
@MG0h3 and @DSG2003Mach1

Is the trucking concept that you’re buying a semi truck or fleet and then making it available to drivers or are you also establishing contracts to move freight? (I clearly know nothing about this industry)

I'm in local trucking (air mile radius stuff) for a company that owns and operates their own trucks. No idea on the semi truck/over the road stuff

Users who are viewing this thread