What is the modern definition of making “Big Money”?

IA Shelby

Established Member
A long time ago (1990) when I was entering the workforce, $100K a year was a milestone. I see posts on here about guys “killing it”. What do you all see as the threshold for making “big money”?

I realize the answer varies greatly depending on where you live. 100K in rural Nebraska might be killing it and is just above poverty level in San Francisco.

Just curious what you all think of Big Money in annual earning terms.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I’d agree that most places that’d be 300-400 or more

You can live quite comfortably on 100k in central fl but by no means would I say you’re killing it

MG0h3

Established Member
Hard to say for me in my line of work and the subsequent circle of friends. None of us kill it from that.

A good handful of people have multiple streams of income which can ebb and flow. Trucking companies, smoothie franchises, real estate…

I’ve read that most wealthy people have multiple streams.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Over a mil a year to be killing it in the area I live in

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
$250k household income where I live and you are very comfortable. $100k household income and you have a nice 3BR house in the burbs with a mini van.

utlong31

Established Member
A long time ago (1990) when I was entering the workforce, $100K a year was a milestone. I see posts on here about guys “killing it”. What do you all see as the threshold for making “big money”?

I realize the answer varies greatly depending on where you live. 100K in rural Nebraska might be killing it and is just above poverty level in San Francisco.

Just curious what you all think of Big Money in annual earning terms.

Totally agree that I thought in the 90’s 100k would be killing it. I worked with some CRNA’s and they were making 100-200k back then and it was unimaginable to me then. I always thought if I ever made that I would be killing it but now a family almost has to make that to get by.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
It’s a loaded question. Srs.

Some of the “richest” people I ever met made almost no salary. Owed nobody nothing and owned their own time and life 100 percent.
I’ve also met people that earned well over 7 figures that were the most miserable sons of bitches to ever walk the earth. Had debt and was owned by their workplace their boss their wife and kids and their possessions.
I’d rather die.

IA Shelby

Established Member

Some of the “richest” people I ever met made almost no salary. Owed nobody nothing and owned their own time and life 100 percent.
I’ve also met people that earned well over 7 figures that were the most miserable sons of bitches to ever walk the earth. Had debt and was owned by their workplace their boss their wife and kids and their possessions.
I’d rather die.

Your points are valid. The question wasn’t around wealth or discretionary income. You are correct that those can be widely different. It was just specific to annual income. I was curious what the forum defined as “killing it” specific to annual income.

VegasMichael

Established Member

I’d rather die.
Thank you for spreading joy no matter where you go.

Users who are viewing this thread