What is the modern definition of making “Big Money”?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
We did that last year. I bet all-in, for my family of 6 it was a $30k 6 day adventure through the gates of hell.
I'll never do it again. Money not being the issue but the people and lines...hell no. My advice about the parks is to wake up at dark, get to the park, enjoy 4-6 hours and get the hell out. Next trip is a log cabin away from these people. Gatlinburg area maybe.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll never do it again. Money not being the issue but the people and lines...hell no. My advice about the parks is to wake up at dark, get to the park, enjoy 4-6 hours and get the hell out. Next trip is a log cabin away from these people. Gatlinburg area maybe.

Funny you say that. We're going to Gatlinburg at the end of June next year.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
There isn't enough money on this planet for me to put in a pool again. We had one at our old house.

I'm with you 100%. I've learned from others mistakes LOL. My parents put a pool in "after" my brother and I moved out. They said it was for the grandkids. Worked out pretty cool for a while. Now the grandkids aren't kids anymore and no one uses the pool anymore.

It's more of a headache and money pit at this point. Listening to my Dad complain about it every time I go visit is a huge turn off. I will NEVER have a pool installed or buy a property that has one.

The pool ownership experience is almost as bad as the Disneyland stories people here have mentioned LMAO!!!!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Holy dog ****!!!
I knew i never went there for a reason

It's an incredible business model.

Fun fact, Disney World is it's own country within the United States; similar to the Vatican. They have their own building codes, police, judicial system, etc.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

Fun fact, Disney World is it's own country within the United States; similar to the Vatican. They have their own building codes, police, judicial system, etc.
Yup...its nuts

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Just did a week in St Pete and went over to Disney for the day. My buddy is an electrician there and we get in for free, still sucks lol.

We love our pool and would put in another if we bought a house without one. Not sure where everyone's angst is coming from. It's cheap and simple to take care of if you understand pool chemistry.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Issue with a pool is most of the time the new wears off and the cost and time end up being more than the usage. I recall being stationed in Sicily and going to the beach more when I lived in the barracks than when I lived 100 yards off the beach.

Blown 89

Established Member
I love our pool, then again it's a little different living in AZ. I hate lounging by the pool but being able to walk in after working in the yard in July and instantly shed heat is worth every penny.

Adower

Established Member
I love our pool, then again it's a little different living in AZ. I hate lounging by the pool but being able to walk in after working in the yard in July and instantly shed heat is worth every penny.
I agree. Im in CA and in summer its almost a must in my area.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I'm with you 100%. I've learned from others mistakes LOL. My parents put a pool in "after" my brother and I moved out. They said it was for the grandkids. Worked out pretty cool for a while. Now the grandkids aren't kids anymore and no one uses the pool anymore.

It's more of a headache and money pit at this point. Listening to my Dad complain about it every time I go visit is a huge turn off. I will NEVER have a pool installed or buy a property that has one.

The pool ownership experience is almost as bad as the Disneyland stories people here have mentioned LMAO!!!!
Had an in ground pool growing up at my parents house. It was awesome for me and my brother as kids. We were the “cool house” because of it. Then we became teenagers and got drivers licenses and never touched the pool. Parents eventually filled it in because it was a money pit.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

I believe DeSantis yanked that away from them within the past year, rightfully so

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I believe DeSantis yanked that away from them within the past year, rightfully so

I think he changed some of the tax stuff, but from what I understand, he doesn't have standing to change how they're classified.

MG0h3

Established Member

Pools are like boats.

Better if your friends have them lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Good for you man. There isn't enough money on this planet for me to put in a pool again. We had one at our old house. Sold, moved to a really nice neighborhood that has a shared pool, bought my wife/kids a golf cart...everyone wins haha
Ha. The newness of a pool is still in play. We are keeping it open throughout Winter, so I’m not looking forward to the gas bill.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Been there. Built a pool at our last house. We both decided never again. Too much work, and limited to a few months unless you want to pay crazy amounts to heat it.
Yeah, if I die first, she’ll either get another pool boy, or downsize And sell. Gas bill has increased tenfold and snow isn’t here yet.

Users who are viewing this thread