What is your daily beater? Do you enjoy it?

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
But I am considering trading it in on a last-gen Ridgeline so I can tow the Jeep or Mustang in a pinch.
giphy.gif

_Snake_

Established Member
I combined my fun car and daily into one. I've usually had a toy and a daily. The daily would have to live outside because I couldn't let the toy sit in the weather all week. Then, every winter I'd kick myself for walking past the toy in the garage and getting into the freezing cold, frost ridden daily. After a couple years, I'd kick myself again for looking at a pile of money in the garage that I didn't drive except for nice days...and would promise myself, "this weekend I'll go the the: mountains, track, something fun" and it would never happen.

So, enter the d-bag mobile...and I love it:

View attachment 1529727

This happened to me also. Ended up selling a Procharged Boss and am currently rocking a Audi S6. Drive it every chance I can.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
View attachment 1530832

2013 Hyundai Elantra
Limited w/Technology Package

Bought new, June 9, 2912, for a commuter car. Commuted daily for a couple of years, then I got into a vanpool. It now has over 168,000 miles. I have had only one problem with the car and that was a front wheel/hub bearing that went bad around 110,000 miles. I'm still on the original F/R brakes, serpentine belt, shocks/struts, etc. It has been a reliable and pleasant car to drive/own. The car has no leaks or drips.

This is my first experience with Hyundai and I am impressed. I had high expectations with regard to fuel economy and quality. I have not been disappointed.

They make great cars now. Good bang for the buck brand. They are also easy to work on. Bought my daughter a 14 Accent for her 1st car and it's been great.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
They make great cars now. Good bang for the buck brand. They are also easy to work on. Bought my daughter a 14 Accent for her 1st car and it's been great.

Much of the automotive press had a lot of nice things to say about the redesigned Hyundai's (2010-2011). When it came time for me to get a commuter car, I looked at the typical Honda's and Toyota's. To me, they looked very bland. The Elantra has unique lines and , as you stated, good value for the money. Based on the reviews and my own comparisons, I took a chance on the Hyundai. I'm glad I did.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Aren’t they unibody? If so it seems that would limit their towing abilities. Seems they are nice for very light duty work but not for towing. I’ve never seen one pulling anything.

I believe they are. I ask because I’m kinda considering one. I don’t tow anything and if I did it would be light duty like you said. I thought you might have experience with one.
The wife has a v6 Accord and it’s been rock solid

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Quik Z06

Established Member
My daily is a 16 Accord Touring V6 and I like it. Might be going to something a bit bigger soon, like a Lexus Ls460 but we’ll see.

88A441AA-8CBE-46A1-B5AD-9639D2FE0230.jpeg

Dusten

Established Member

We just sold our 2015 Sonata with 100k on it. Bought it new. I did plugs once, tires once, brakes once, and routine services. Thats it. Great car.

rwleonard

Established Member
2013 Raptor SCab with 25K miles (bought it last year with 18k). Added Decked brand drawer system and a cap, plus Kook's long tubes/full dual exhaust and 2.9L G3 Whipple. JDM tune. Yeah, I enjoy it.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Aren’t they unibody? If so it seems that would limit their towing abilities. Seems they are nice for very light duty work but not for towing. I’ve never seen one pulling anything.

Rated at 5k for towing (Car + trailer will be close to it). Did some research, a few people will tow their larger boats and racecars with them. I do like my dads 2012 F150, but I am not a fan of the size. Plus I only need to tow or twice a year.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I’ve had more beaters than I can count. Loved most of them haha. Now I’m finally growing up and DD a 12 F150 Lariat CCSB 5.0, Leveled on 33s with an AFE cold air, Magnaflow exhaust, and an Edge Tuner for now. Bought the wife a Brand new Corolla beginning of this year. That way we both have nice reliable transportation lol.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
2 weeks ago I paid $4.09 gal for premium on my way home from work and I thought to myself **** this **** I'm not doing this anymore. The moment I got home, took the consensus advice from a similar thread as this and got on CL and found a nice condition 2000 Civic EX for $800 bucks, picked it up the next morning. It needed $221 in parts and about an hour of time to get it back up and running and so far I am getting 36.5 mpg... loving that this car should help me keep around $300 in the bank each month over driving the GT500.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Upgraded over the weekend. Level/Tires/Tint incoming. Already removed the lower air dam thing. Made it look grandpa ish

View attachment 1531364
Looks great. Is yours black or magma red? Mine is magma red and it looks all sorts of different colors depending on lighting.

Sometimes it looks black, purple, or a root beer copper color.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dusten

Established Member
2 weeks ago I paid $4.09 gal for premium on my way home from work and I thought to myself **** this **** I'm not doing this anymore. The moment I got home, took the consensus advice from a similar thread as this and got on CL and found a nice condition 2000 Civic EX for $800 bucks, picked it up the next morning. It needed $221 in parts and about an hour of time to get it back up and running and so far I am getting 36.5 mpg... loving that this car should help me keep around $300 in the bank each month over driving the GT500.

That sucks. I paid 2.12 for 87 yesterday

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Looks great. Is yours black or magma red? Mine is magma red and it looks all sorts of different colors depending on lighting.

Sometimes it looks black, purple, or a root beer copper color.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Thanks! It's Shadow Black, which isn't a true black. If you catch it in the right light, it has the dark dark dark grey tone to it. I think it will be a little more forgiving than solid tuxedo black.

Users who are viewing this thread