What kind of times can I expect?

gta roger

Established Member
I recently bought a 1965 Falcon with a built 302 boss engine in it. It has a performance built AOd with a 4.11 posi in it.The motor should be making about 425-450 hp at the crank.I haven't been to the strip in years and have no ideal how well it should run. I checked the app for 1/4 mile and it says 11's. That seems a bit more than I was expecting. Real world what do you think it will do. I plan to take it to Milan this spring. I figure with my fat ass in it it should weigh 3100 lbs.Roger

DarkMach1

Established Member
You’re looking at low 11s at close to 125mph. It’s a roadrunner s197 boss engine? Sounds like a sweet setup.

EDIT: Im guessing now this is a pushrod boss motor thats been built. If so then ill lower my trap expectations to 115mph or so.

Last edited:

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Sounds like a nice toy! Drag tires? How much tire can you squeeze in that little wheel well? 235 is the max on my '66 Mustang until I minitub it.

If you can 60' around 1.8 I say 12.0 at 114.

gta roger

Established Member
Right now I have 245 45 17 G force tires. I plan to put some nitti 555 R's on it I have a four link set up with a 9 inch rear end with adjustable coil overs. The guy I bought it from told me he put 275's on it and they rubbed when you hit a bump. He switch to 245's and they never rub.The front end has the CPP tube upper and lower control arms with adjustable coil over shocks. It also has the frame connectors. I jumped on it a few time before I put the new trans in it. I get no wheel hop, but I have to ease it out off the line. But once it gets a little roll to it it hooks pretty good.Iv'e driven it once with the new aod and it drives and shifts like it did when I had the Pa built C-4 trans. The only problem is it doesn't shift into over drive .As soon as the weather brakes I plan to have a local trans shop install a Broader value body with the modified shift pattern. The shop guy told me the the problem with the overdrive is probably the value body. So with luck I will have the trans sorted out pretty soon. Roger

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread