What makes more sense?

Adower

Established Member
I am planning to do a power train build on my 98 cobra and am trying to decide which makes more sense logically and financially.

Car is a 98 cobra

I currently have a good teksid block which I can have built with forged internals and throw on the ysi or f1 ProCharger. However, I’ve been interested in looking at a 03/04 cobra swap as well.

From a logical stand point for anyone who has done this. Does it even make sense financially or logically to do a terminator swap if you have a good teksid block that can be built and throw a power adder on?

For those who have done a terminator swap. Other than just having a terminator swap what did you gain over just building your teksid block and using a power adder?

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Once rebuilt, your block will be lighter and stronger. The advantage is in the heads. The C heads will always be slightly better but it's not really an issue on s street car. There's no reason to go out of your way for and entire boat snchot engine when the heads matter.

Built and run what you have, then save up for a better transmission.

Adower

Established Member
Once rebuilt, your block will be lighter and stronger. The advantage is in the heads. The C heads will always be slightly better but it's not really an issue on s street car. There's no reason to go out of your way for and entire boat snchot engine when the heads matter.

Built and run what you have, then save up for a better transmission.

One of the reasons I was wanting to do the teksid build is because with FI, you don't really need to do much other than build the block and throw on the power adder. The B heads while not optimal are more than sufficient with FI.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
One of the reasons I was wanting to do the teksid build is because with FI, you don't really need to do much other than build the block and throw on the power adder. The B heads while not optimal are more than sufficient with FI.

I fully agree. Plus, the B head Cobra intake looks great and works pretty good with the runners shortened.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
One of the reasons I was wanting to do the teksid build is because with FI, you don't really need to do much other than build the block and throw on the power adder.
Same goes for any block; iron, wap, nemak, teksid, 2v, 4v....doesn't matter.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
Headswap with ported Eaton and start with 8 psi. Work your way up with boost and then build the block as needed.

Adower

Established Member
Same goes for any block; iron, wap, nemak, teksid, 2v, 4v....doesn't matter.
I agree, but I have a 4v block already.
I say use the teksid and a PD blower. The blower looks much better than the 96-98 intake.
From why I’ve been reading, a pd blower wont just bolt up since I have the b heads correct? I’d have to swap to c heads I believe?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
4v and 2v blocks are the same. 4V engines used Romeo, WAP and teskid blocks. 2Vs used WAP, Romeo and Windsor block.

yes, you will need C heads and they are inexpensive

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I did a 04 swap for about 4,500, then I found a used Whipple. I still have my fully complete 97 cobra motor on a stand in the corner of the garage.
I ditched all the AC.

Users who are viewing this thread