What NHRA safety equipment is needed for a 2020 bone stock GT500?

Weekiman

From the NHRA rule book I'm reading a helmet, and maybe a jacket. Can anyone confirm this? I'm posting for a family member who just bought one. Having a real hard time finding anyone knowledgeable on this subject. I have a 70 Chevelle, but the rules are all different for cars 2008 and newer. Called the local track, but he was not the tech guy. Just gave me some general info. All NHRA tracks will have the same rules.

PM-Performance

Established Member
It’s a stock car.
So just a helmet and likely a jacket at worse.

NHRA tracks very clearly run right out of the NHRA rule book pretty much to the letter.

PM-Performance

Established Member
Hey thanks, out of curiosity does the rule book state that? Something I can point to if asked.

just plan to have a helmet at least. They will likely not make you have a jacket, but they will warn you after a certain speed.

yes, this info is in the NHRA rulebooks.
They are not easy to find, but they are out there if you google a little.

Weekiman

Thanks y'all, already have a Snell NHRA approved helmet I use for my Chevelle he can use for his first time out. I think that's all he needs for a bone stock newer car. Been reading the rule book already.

69b302

Established Member
2008 and newer are good to 10 flat and 135 mph, if they are 100% stock(including tires). Driver needs helmet and jacket.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Having the correct Snell requirements is really important

Users who are viewing this thread