What Some Police Officers Would Like You To Know

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
What some Police Officers would like you to know...............

Your five year old kid getting pushed down by another five year old kid is NOT a police matter. Talk to the other kid's parents, not the police

If your kid won't do his homework or do his chores, 911 is not the answer

We know you've had more than two beers. When I've had two beers, I didn't hit six parked cars, drive my car through the front doors of a Toys-R-Us, pee my pants, or pass out at a traffic light

When you see an emergency vehicle behind you with its lights and sirens on, pull to the RIGHT, and stop. In this country we are usually required to pass cars on the left.

When you're driving in the fast lane and you see a cop behind you, don't go 5 MPH under the speed limit. We are not impressed by how safe of a driver you can be, we're trying to go help someone. Safely move over and let us pass please.

When you see an officer conducting a traffic stop, or with a suspect in handcuffs, it is generally not a good idea to approach him and ask for directions. If you do, don't expect the officer to be nice when he tells you to get lost, and don't expect the officer to take the time to explain.

Here's how to get out of a ticket. Don't break the law.

If you've just been pulled over doing 70 in a 35, do not greet the officer with "what seems to be the problem, officer?"

We get coffee breaks too, and sometimes we run into stores and do some shopping during them.

Some cops are just jerks, but take heart in the fact that other cops probably don't like them either.

If it's nighttime and you're driving a vehicle with tinted windows and I pull you over, it's not because of your skin color. I usually can't tell if the vehicle even has a driver until the windows are rolled down.

Every time you hear on the news about people running away from a crazed gunman, someone's son, daughter, husband, wife, mother, or father in a police uniform is running TOWARD that crazed gunman.

Yes it's true, cops usually don't give other cops tickets. Think of it as an employee discount, perk or benefit. Other cops are family and you wouldn't give your brother a ticket if you were a cop either.

Police work is ... writing reports.

In one year of patrol work in a large city, only about ten minutes would be cool enough to be on the television show Cops.

Every traffic stop could end in gunfire, but we have to be polite and professional until that time.

I've taken about the same amount of men and women to jail for domestic violence, so NO it's not always the man.

If the light was yellow, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Cops know you pay taxes and that your taxes pay cops' salaries. Cops also pay taxes, which also pay cops' salaries. So, hey, this traffic stop is on me! Now sign here please. Press hard. There are three copies.

[/rant]

Squeeler92

When you're driving in the fast lane and you see a cop behind you, don't go 5 MPH under the speed limit. We are not impressed by how safe of a driver you can be, we're trying to go help someone. Safely move over and let us pass please.

Now if we could actually post this in a newspaper. I HATE when people do that! Or slam on their brakes when they see a cop on the side of the road and they're only doing 5-10 over along with 40 other cars....yea, great call dumba$$!

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
nice work there, Id like the cops to know I am gratefull for their duty and service that they provide everyday.

I'd also like the dirty ones that I have dealt with in the past to know they can kiss my ass. :burn:

Users who are viewing this thread