What spring rate are you guys running?

Wratchet

HP+RacingXMods/Pay=Broke
Established Member
So I have a twin turbo hellion kit on my 03 cobra and currently running 10" 350 lbs springs on the front coilovers and Eibach pros in the rear. The car originally had 14" 175 lbs springs in it and it handled like crap. Has been much better with the ones in it now but just curious what you guys are running. Make sure to post height and spring rate please. Thanks. Also running UPR coilovers which will be getting switched to MM before long.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Ran 14-175# springs on my old cobra with UPR Coilovers, Bullitt rear springs. Stange adjustable struts up front.

The question is. What do you want? Handling or 1/4 mile performance? What struts/shocks are you running?

Wratchet

HP+RacingXMods/Pay=Broke
Established Member
Running Bilsteins front and rear. Since I'm mostly street I would like to have handling. With the 14" 175's felt like the front was out of control. Feeling some looseness in the rear too but I think I may square that up with a FTBR Delrin kit before long

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I have 400/400 mm coilovers iirc. MM coilovers have adjustable height. You can and should run higher rear spring rates on IRS cars because of the dual arm designs architecture and geometry if handling is a focal point. Eventually I want to run 475/600 setup to really quell the slight body roll I currently have. At 400/400, it's not bad but it can be better. Typically you can run about 125# more rear spring than front spring and still not quite meet a 50:50 spread. Theoretically you can run 400f 600r and "meet" that spread on paper/mathematically but I haven't seen guys run that or seen real world results, just people guesstimation a on the matter.

Anyways, here's a few pics of mine and an explanation for the odd stance, hope any of this convoluted post helps ya out. Cheers.

Mine is a poor example aesthetically as I have my front set about a 3/4" inch higher than the rear to clear my oil pan. Shrug. It's not a clean look but only car guys ever notice.

6abyty8e.jpg

I have 28" nt05r's in the back for "traction" cough cough (can spin still at 80 with 3.08's) with 25.7" front tires. I'll eventually get 19" ccw's at all four corners to replace these 18's. I'll run a 26.7" front tire and drop the suspension an inch (that I gained from the rim, same sidewall height as the 275/30/18's I have now, will run 275/35/19's) and 335/35/19's rear for 27.25" to even the look and really clean it up once the current tires I have wear out f/r.

avaqygej.jpg

a7a4u9uq.jpg

ysy8yza9.jpg

The car still sits pretty low but its not slammed or hella flush by any means. Ideally, I should photoshop how it would look after the ccw's to give a better idea of where the mm coil overs can put it since I have my fronts pretty high.

Users who are viewing this thread