What the heck is going on at AM?

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Ordered a Bilstein Shock and Strut kit (item #389136) for the wife's GT500 last night on a killer Black Friday deal. Got a call today saying my order was cancelled. Customer service rep said that they don't carry this item anymore, and they can't quite tell me how the hell it got on their black Friday ad. Can anybody shed some light on how an item that you don't stock anymore still shows up on your site, or one better, how it got posted on a Black Friday ad?

I am not one for bashing and this is really more of a rant than a bash, but American Muscle, your quality and customer service has been shot to poop the last few years. You guys went from the top of the game down towards the bottom of the barrel.

Even on the forums you guys aren't active anymore. It really has gotten disheartening. Not sure what is going on up there, but you're losing some loyal customers with what is happening.

Recon

Established Member
Mostly due to laziness. I've had about 6 websites that I've been refunded my purchase because they didn't update their listings. One in particular that was a giant PITA to get refunded, and ironically the most expensive.

silver03svt

Established Member
What is really bothersome is that even though I was told that it drops ships from the manufacturer, and that it is also no longer available, they STILL keep it on their Black Friday ad. Although the price is now way more expensive than what I was buying it at. Why don't they just pull it off the ad.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I ordered some yesterday, and got a tracking number this morning?

Obama-Whats-The-Problem-SC1.jpg

gimmie11s

Don’t be an idiot
Established Member
I had a similar experience at AM last month.

Don't know what's going on over there.

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Ordered a Bilstein Shock and Strut kit (item #389136) for the wife's GT500 last night on a killer Black Friday deal. Got a call today saying my order was cancelled. Customer service rep said that they don't carry this item anymore, and they can't quite tell me how the hell it got on their black Friday ad. Can anybody shed some light on how an item that you don't stock anymore still shows up on your site, or one better, how it got posted on a Black Friday ad?

I am not one for bashing and this is really more of a rant than a bash, but American Muscle, your quality and customer service has been shot to poop the last few years. You guys went from the top of the game down towards the bottom of the barrel.

Even on the forums you guys aren't active anymore. It really has gotten disheartening. Not sure what is going on up there, but you're losing some loyal customers with what is happening.

IMG_1882.jpg

Happened to me too!! I was pretty pissed off today when they called me to tell me they were cancelling the order.
@silver03svt did they do anything for you?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

silver03svt

Established Member
View attachment 1446774

Happened to me too!! I was pretty pissed if today when they called me to tell me they were cancelling the order.
@silver03svt did they do anything for you?

Yeah, I was hot as hell over it. When they told me it was discontinued, I asked them how in the hell it ended up on their Black Friday ad. At least 2 reps and a supervisor kept fumbling their answers.

And they refunded my money, plus gave me a $100 site credit.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Been a lot of complaints about AM over the last year.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I talked to a friend that had the worst experience ordering a wheel/tire package from them. Nothing was right, and he had to jump hoops to get it corrected. He won't be buying from them anymore.

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Yeah, I was hot as hell over it. When they told me it was discontinued.

The thing is it’s been on their monthly sale list for the last 2 months and now all of a sudden there is a problem with it??? And aren’t the quantities on their site live linked to their stock so how does this happen?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

silver03svt

Established Member
The thing is it’s been on their monthly sale list for the last 2 months and now all of a sudden there is a problem with it??? And aren’t the quantities on their site live linked to their stock so how does this happen?

I honestly don't know, but I was told that since it is a drop ship item from the manufacturer, that the manufacturer is responsible for letting them know the quantity levels that are actually in stock. Honestly, I think somebody just screwed up royally and they just don't want to admit it.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
$250 for a full set of shocks and springs? Thats the deal of the century if so. Id bet that the price listed was well below what they pay their supplier and someone found out and cancelled all the orders.

I just paid $640 for Eibach springs and Bilstein B8's in a Fiesta. Id expect the GT500 to be more than that?

silver03svt

Established Member
$250 for a full set of shocks and springs? Thats the deal of the century if so. Id bet that the price listed was well below what they pay their supplier and someone found out and cancelled all the orders.

I just paid $640 for Eibach springs and Bilstein B8's in a Fiesta. Id expect the GT500 to be more than that?

Exactly why a lot of people snagged them up! I think they were only offered a couple hours at that price before they went back up to the $890 price tag.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Exactly why a lot of people snagged them up! I think they were only offered a couple hours at that price before they went back up to the $890 price tag.

Did anyone actually get that price? Or did they cancel all the orders?

$250 is just mind blowing. Someone had to have lost money on that deal. Id be real surprised if they actually shipped them to people at that price.

silver03svt

Established Member
Did anyone actually get that price? Or did they cancel all the orders?

$250 is just mind blowing. Someone had to have lost money on that deal. Id be real surprised if they actually shipped them to people at that price.
My understanding is that they had to cancel all the orders they had for them.

Sent from my SM-G925V using svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread