what tires for my cobra?

96slowbra

Established Member
i just spent a day at millermotorsport park and decided that i want some good rubber on the R. i still have the original kd's on there now and want to pull the factory wheels/tires off and store them. i am looking for a tire that performs on a road course but is still a street tire. i had drag radials on my other cobra and hated the way they always covered the rear of my car with black dust. these kd's are great so far, looking for something similar. goodyear makes an asymetric that looks good so far... what you guys think?

Saleenrose

Established Member
For a tire that has worked for me, the Nitto 555 extremes seem to be a fair match to the BFG, if you want more race, you can use the NT-01. Use the 275/40/18.

96slowbra

Established Member
i think the kd's are discontinued. those nittos might be a good idea because i still want the tall sidewall, i don't want to get too low of a profile and give my car that 4x4 look. would they do good on a roadcourse?

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Benny, Elisha's 01' has 255/45 fronts 285/40/17 rear's and they are Nitto 555's. Out at Miller they were awesome! No complaints at all.

96slowbra

Established Member
really leaning towards the nt-01s, only worried about the black tire dust that covers cars with really soft tires like drag radials. i don't think that these will be that bad, but i would like to know if anyone has run nt-01s...

phdpsy

Established Member
I have run a set of Nitto NT-05s on my GT500 and found them to be a great compromise with better life than the 01s. Worked very well on the track. Swaped them onto the '00R wheels for a weekend and really liked them. I'd say they gave better grip than the KDs. I ordered a set for the R....

Saleenrose

Established Member
I had a couple of guys in Spokane with a new m3 excited when they found out I had 300 tread wear tires on my 00R, they hold good and are predictable. 275/40/18 fit good and you don't lose speed.

CFRADAM

1 bad 03
Established Member
I had the nt01's that I ran on my 95 for street and OT racing and had no issues.I thought the wear was as I expected for a soft compound tire.its the best OT tire I've tried

Users who are viewing this thread