what to do (94 mustang gt)

94mustang

i have a 94 mustang gt w/ 302 its stock and im wondering what i can do to build the motor. i can buy little stuff but nothing major like s/c or turbos just little stuff and then i can start working my way up. thanks and leave ideas

SN954life

What i put on my 94 to really wake it up was bump the timing to 14* underdrive pulleys O/R H pipe and cold air. But to really get that Kick in the pants put some gears in that thang. If its a 5 speed or a auto i would put 4.10's in Just because. Some people say go 3.73 for the 5 speed because of gas mileage...theres going to be little to no difference for the 4.10
My .02

Silver03Termi

Established Member
best advice...sell it. i dumped all kinds of money into my 95. headers, hpipes, cat back, cold air intake, custom auto tranny, 3.73's, underdrive pulleys, and a wet kit....it was still UBER slo compared to my STOCK 03 Termi. im sure you love this car, and you cant beat the sound of a 5ltr...but i only ran like a low 14.

T94gt302

Established Member
I would do gears, pullies, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, cold air intake and a cat-back. You will notice a big difference

Venom351R

Established Member
best advice...sell it. i dumped all kinds of money into my 95. headers, hpipes, cat back, cold air intake, custom auto tranny, 3.73's, underdrive pulleys, and a wet kit....it was still UBER slo compared to my STOCK 03 Termi. im sure you love this car, and you cant beat the sound of a 5ltr...but i only ran like a low 14.

thats b/c you were only running parts that would get you into the low 14's. Its easy to take a car that has a lot more power to start out with and be more impressed with it. You didnt mention anything about what kind of tires you were using either.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member

I most definately would not sell it. The 94/95's are a good platform, but they need some work to get em movin good. If you were only running low 14's on spray with all that work, something was wrong.

I built my car on a budget, and I have about 10K into the car, including purchase price. My car goes high 11's on motor, and low 11's on a small hit.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Like was said, what are you looking to run, and what are you looking to spend. Im more than happy to help ya out man!

69mach03

Established Member
Cobra intake, advance the timing, air intake, full exhaust (catless), gears, drag radials, shifter, and plenty of practice driving the car = High 12s all day long. 94-95 5.0L cars are definitely the way to go for a "budget" friendly build.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

What?
My 95 went 14.65 bone stock.

HIPSI

Established Member
best advice...sell it. I dumped all kinds of money into my 95. Headers, hpipes, cat back, cold air intake, custom auto tranny, 3.73's, underdrive pulleys, and a wet kit....it was still uber slo compared to my stock 03 termi. Im sure you love this car, and you cant beat the sound of a 5ltr...but i only ran like a low 14.
like this guy said dump it pu 96-98 cobra do some bolt ons and go high 11s low 12s the easy way then put a shot of the good stuff and who knows how fast you can go...

Venom351R

Established Member
Cobra intake, advance the timing, air intake, full exhaust (catless), gears, drag radials, shifter, and plenty of practice driving the car = High 12s all day long. 94-95 5.0L cars are definitely the way to go for a "budget" friendly build.

Depends on which drag radials and I think he will at least need a set of heads to get the power to run 12's

dru440

Established Member
it depends on what u want... I had several 94 95's when I couldnt afford something newer and better they had a great style compared to the fox's and the 5.0 ... really I wouldnt dump too much into it... id actually even buy a 99 up before you mod that ... cause their abouot the same price on the used market.

Users who are viewing this thread