• Option 3

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else - see comment below

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tunedprt91

Established Member
. I did this and I would say my car is nicer than a lot of “real” 03/04 Cobras that I’ve seen. Although I don’t like having to say “it’s not a real cobra”.

It's always funny when fobra owners say this. Why is real in quotation marks btw? Your second statement is spot on though as no matter how clean the car is it would suck every time you have to say it's not the real deal.

CobraSam

Established Member
I see your point and my comment was not meant to offend anyone who has done this. My only intent was to say it would not be worth it "only" because the 99-04 GT's are not coveted vehicles and you would never get your money back on a build like that.

I also realize money is not the only motivating factor and as you say to each their own. I'm currently building my 65 coupe and I have big plans for it. My dad always tells me I'm investing more than I'll ever get back. Selling my 65 for a profit later on is NOT my motivation.

So, I see your point. I just wouldn't choose a 99-04 GT platform to install a Terminator drive train, but that's just me.

I must say...……...You have a beautiful Mustang though \m/……..

No offense taken at all. I didn’t even think anything of it. But good point about it not being worth it. For any type of resale value, I’m screwed. I knew that going into it. It just fell into place for me and it made sense at the time. When it comes to resale, it won’t loon to good then.
im real interested in your 65 project. I really want to termi swap a 65. That would be awesome.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
It's always funny when fobra owners say this. Why is real in quotation marks btw? Your second statement is spot on though as no matter how clean the car is it would suck every time you have to say it's not the real deal.

I've never been one to represent a car as anything but what it is. A body part is a body part but a badge is more than that. I just don't do rebadge.

In my case, even if it's a GT with cobra bumpers, Mach hood, etc. It'll adorn the GT or just plain mustang badge. No explanation would be needed from me standing at a cars and coffee meet.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Put it in your living room as a conversation piece.

Just kidding, find a good body for it.

CobraSam

Established Member
Funny like how? Just curious. I’m new to cobras and mod motors, so I’m not in the loop.
Looking back, I have no idea why I used quotations. Haha. Maybe because mine is fake. IDK. I have nothing on this one. It does hurt to have to say it’s not a real cobra, but even that isn’t a big deal anymore because it’s a nice car and runs/drives/sounds/look exactly the same as the real deal. That’s all that matters to me.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Bad. Ass.

Pull the trigger, bruh. You’ll be wearing a permasmile as long as you own it...

B474946D-CFD4-44AE-B46F-07BAA20299B9.jpeg

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Funny like how? Just curious. I’m new to cobras and mod motors, so I’m not in the loop.

Not that you are doing it but it always seems like a justification of some sort when the owner of a badged up vehicle says "well mine is actually cleaner/faster than a real one so I don't see the problem with the badges." It's not just cobras though it's more of any vehicle that has a higher trim. Acuras with R badges, F-150's with lightning badges, turbo regals with gnx badges, and even a fake cts-v here and there. I like all those builds until the badges go on there but like you said you put your time into the car your happiness is all that matters. Btw I'm just some random badge purist on some svt site so don't mind me :confused:

CobraSam

Established Member
Not that you are doing it but it always seems like a justification of some sort when the owner of a badged up vehicle says "well mine is actually cleaner/faster than a real one so I don't see the problem with the badges." It's not just cobras though it's more of any vehicle that has a higher trim. Acuras with R badges, F-150's with lightning badges, turbo regals with gnx badges, and even a fake cts-v here and there. I like all those builds until the badges go on there but like you said you put your time into the car your happiness is all that matters. Btw I'm just some random badge purist on some svt site so don't mind me :confused:
I don’t mind you at all. I respect your opinions, that’s why I asked. I do 100% agree with what you are saying. Im usually the guy who has to have the real thing. I don’t like having a clone, but it just worked out so well for me in the situation, so it made sense. I’m always up front about it being a clone and am starting to take pride in the fact that most people have no clue it is until I tell them. And I’m starting to enjoy telling people the truth.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I don’t mind you at all. I respect your opinions, that’s why I asked. I do 100% agree with what you are saying. Im usually the guy who has to have the real thing. I don’t like having a clone, but it just worked out so well for me in the situation, so it made sense. I’m always up front about it being a clone and am starting to take pride in the fact that most people have no clue it is until I tell them. And I’m starting to enjoy telling people the truth.

Honestly though in your case if your car is as clean as I'm thinking it is you could get Cobra money for it if you were to ever sell. It's happened before on here with a car called the teal terminator. The car started out as a v6 and had everything swapped in like yours and if I remember sold for mid twenties. Clean cars like yours have value.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
If I had that laying around I would sell off my ranger and get a 65-66 fastback and restomod it

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I once saw a guy who took a Cobra drive train and mounted it to a minimal frame, put a single seat over the transmission and bacically made it a go-cart. It looked cool as hell and was fast, having no body.

Basically made it a four wheel wide-stance motorcycle.

Can’t remember the name.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread