What transmission? Help

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
I hope you guys can help since some of you are the ones making 7-8-900 horsepower.
My dad is building a 1967 fastback basically into a pro-street/drag car. He has built cars before but none with the type of power this one will be producing.
He is dropping a 557 big block in it. 460 bored .80 over and stroked I'm pretty sure.
He was looking at the Dynamic Mighty Mite transmission, about $3000 with a transbrake and overdrive, he wants the automatic but is not against having some type of manual shift incorporated.
I mentioned to him the TH400 I see some of you guys are running but he said that sounds like "Chevy junk"
The car after it is all said and done will be producing about 800ish+ horsepower.
Thanks in advance for your tips and recommendations.

Joe

Janstang

Established Member
Chevy makes the powerglide, I don't think I could talk him into that. Who produces the TH400?
Tell him GM used to make the glide, now everyone in there dog makes there own version of it. Same way with the TH400.;-) He could always have someone build up a C6 to go behind it, just wouldn't be my first choice.

Users who are viewing this thread