What tuners are best in SoCal

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Dont go to RET unless you want to build a new engine not long after the tune.

i only have about 14 years and 150 thousand miles of daily driving and racing between both my cobras that were tuned by ret.

guess i'll need a new engine soon. lol

wckdvnm

Established Member
i only have about 14 years and 150 thousand miles of daily driving and racing between both my cobras that were tuned by ret.

guess i'll need a new engine soon. lol

Well when was your car tuned last? This reputation is recent, I’d say 2016 is around where it started.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Buddy had his 03 with a Whipple 2.3 tuned back in 2015 or 16. And just recently got another tune for his new 2.9.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Some change for the better or worse?

Worse; there was a group on facebook that was suing the shop circa 2018/9. Doubt you can even sue a shop like that but it was many and I mean MANY new customers where there cars had crap tunes and all blew motors; this was after I asked the same question of OP in the local socal groups.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Worse; there was a group on facebook that was suing the shop circa 2018/9. Doubt you can even sue a shop like that but it was many and I mean MANY new customers where there cars had crap tunes and all blew motors; this was after I asked the same question of OP in the local socal groups.

Thats too bad, i remember when they use to host a show on a Saturday the day before fabulous fords back in the day. Lots of Socal people would vouch for them back then.

svtaddict

Established Member
I had my 03 Cobra with a 2.3 whipple tuned by ret. It took him like an hour. Needless to say after a second trip to him I was still not happy with it and went somewhere else. Adam from spankin time is tuning my 2.9 whipple cobra now.

SVT_Nthn

Established Member
I had my 03 Cobra with a 2.3 whipple tuned by ret. It took him like an hour. Needless to say after a second trip to him I was still not happy with it and went somewhere else. Adam from spankin time is tuning my 2.9 whipple cobra now.
prolly not gonna go to ret after what ive heard. Where is spankin time, I am most likely going to go to Gio performance since he specializes in SVT stuff.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive also heard good things about Gio. He used to have a shop right next to TCI (Total Cost Invovled) in Ontario. TCI used him to tune all of their Ford products including coyote-swapped hot rods and such.

wckdvnm

Established Member

So he magically tunes again? He did a very meh job on my pulley only car; car runs and is safe but it’s very rich at idle.
Asked him if I could do more tuning to dial it in and he said he left to Utah and now he’s magically back I see.

Edit: what I mean is drivability is just not good; he took over 8 hours to tune a simple combo; hope you have a better experience than I did.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

I had a similar experience and also went elsewhere.

applecarguy

Established Member
I would recommend Gio he did all the work on my cobra after the engine went quite a few years ago. He is a stand up guy, and really knows his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread