What would you do with 20k to blow?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I got an inheritance in the mail out of no where, just shy of 20k. I don't need to save it and don't want to save it. I can basically blow it however I want, I just refuse to add it to my savings. I could sell my Terminator and upgrade to something else, but feel almost certain I would regret it. Adding another car isn't really possible due to no place to keep it. I could upgrade my daily, which could use it - but that feels too boring. I also already have an ATV and two motorcycles that I never ride\use. Suggestions?

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Take a first class trip somewhere. Gotta be a place you've always wanted to visit. Not sure, but check to see if you'll need to pay tax on that.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
The first thing you're going to be doing is paying taxes...

Good ole uncle Sam

Zemedici

Established Member
Why not invest it? I know you said you don't want to save it, but I'd get much more enjoyment out of watching my 20k turn into 40k gradually, then buying a new car imo.

Or hell compromise and go on a 5k trip, and invest the rest.

Guess I'm weird hahaha

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Why not invest it? I know you said you don't want to save it, but I'd get much more enjoyment out of watching my 20k turn into 40k gradually, then buying a new car imo.

Or hell compromise and go on a 5k trip, and invest the rest.

Guess I'm weird hahaha

Not weird (well maybe a little :D), your just young. Been investing for 20 years and continue to - not saying more isn't better, but I'm covered to my satisfaction.

Can't build a bigger garage due to HOA, but a lift is definitely something I've always wanted.

Epic vacation is on the radar, but not sure where to go. My daughter is 12 so she only wants to go to the beach and amusement parks, which we are going again for a week in October and have done many times already.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I got an inheritance in the mail out of no where, just shy of 20k. I don't need to save it and don't want to save it. I can basically blow it however I want, I just refuse to add it to my savings. I could sell my Terminator and upgrade to something else, but feel almost certain I would regret it. Adding another car isn't really possible due to no place to keep it. I could upgrade my daily, which could use it - but that feels too boring. I also already have an ATV and two motorcycles that I never ride\use. Suggestions?
Brakes, suspension, and track wheels. Done!

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Seven years ago, we received a check from a wrongful death lawsuit. We were very tempted to spend it on any number of thing, but ended up paying off a mortgage. That event worked well for us. In all honesty, In your situation, I'd blow about 25% on something frivolous, and invest the rest.

Zemedici

Established Member
Not weird (well maybe a little :D), your just young. Been investing for 20 years and continue to - not saying more isn't better, but I'm covered to my satisfaction.

Can't build a bigger garage due to HOA, but a lift is definitely something I've always wanted.

Epic vacation is on the radar, but not sure where to go. My daughter is 12 so she only wants to go to the beach and amusement parks, which we are going again for a week in October and have done many times already.

Ohhhhhhhh touché sir. I vote crazy vacation Maldives, elephant tour through Southeast Asia, Australia, etc. ball out!

Users who are viewing this thread