What would you value this GT500?

celticfdguy

Keepin Calm and Chivin On
Established Member
thanks @XP900 and @tktlwyr

So I moved on from the original 2010 I was looking at. I decided I'd rather have the 2011 due to the "upgrades" over the 2010. That being said, I came to an agreement with the dealer on this 2011. Used Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 for Sale Right Now - CarGurus

Anyone able to get me the original sticker for this car? 1ZVBP8JS7B5110159 is the VIN. I can paypal you 5 bucks if so :)

I see that it comes with quad exhaust, which is aftermarket Corsa and a JLT intake. Other than that I can't see what else is aftermarket. Can the guys who have a 2011 SVTPP chime in to see what they think? I think asking price is very reasonable and they offered me 21k on my 2007 GT500. This car is priced around the same as the 2010 I was looking at above minus the 2011 having no navigation. I dont mind installing an aftermarket Pioneer for Nav or even converting over to stock navigation. Other than that so far this car checks off everything I want. Car looks very clean as does the engine bay and interior.

Last edited:

XP900

Established Member
[QUOTE="bg302, post: 16591241, member: 183903"Don't be afraid of the 2010's. I've had zero issues with mine.

Sound advice until you need a new PCM.

For 5 years I’ve been chasing a drivability issue with my 2010 and EVERYONE said it wasn’t the PCM. Guess what? It was. All of the experts reading all of the logs and it was a 20 year old import tuner with HPP software that figured it out...despite the event clearly showing in all of the logs.

Prior to the PCM issue being discovered, I spent $1,200 for a new engine harness installation. When we saw the MAF counts dropping to zero with the engine running, we tried a new MAF sensor. No joy. That left me trying to find a 2010 compatible PCM. Good luck with that. LOL

Ultimately, Power By the Hour came up with a solution using a Mustang GT computer. I picked the car up yesterday and it’s running great! Kudos to Jake, Christian and the crew at PBH![/QUOTE]

That's nice info to store away....so this company was able to rework a 20xx GT PCM and make it work in a Shelby. What was the cost and what year GT PCM did they use....if you know.
I'll keep that company name in my files in case I ever blow my PCM.

Last edited:

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I'd suggest a compression test, and witness it. You just never know.

thanks @XP900 and @tktlwyr

So I moved on from the original 2010 I was looking at. I decided I'd rather have the 2011 due to the "upgrades" over the 2010. That being said, I came to an agreement with the dealer on this 2011. Used Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 for Sale Right Now - CarGurus

Anyone able to get me the original sticker for this car? 1ZVBP8JS7B5110159 is the VIN. I can paypal you 5 bucks if so :)

I see that it comes with quad exhaust, which is aftermarket Corsa and a JLT intake. Other than that I can't see what else is aftermarket. Can the guys who have a 2011 SVTPP chime in to see what they think? I think asking price is very reasonable and they offered me 21k on my 2007 GT500. This car is priced around the same as the 2010 I was looking at above minus the 2011 having no navigation. I dont mind installing an aftermarket Pioneer for Nav or even converting over to stock navigation. Other than that so far this car checks off everything I want. Car looks very clean as does the engine bay and interior.

Users who are viewing this thread