What yr did SVTP start

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I believe November of 2000.

Here are some quotes from an old 2003 thread that discussed the birth of SVTPerformance.

Ripper
It all started when I started posting on Fordvschevy.com. And these two brothers needed help on a site that they were trying to make for Dakota r/t's ! At first it started out great. I got along with them and I was more or less secluded because at the time was going through Chemo Therapy and was not allowed outside after my cycles. So, while I was stuck inside I started helping them with there website. My dad just got me photoshop and I had Microsoft Frontpage. And they bought a UBB board ! Well working together we learned alot. I learned how to upload stuff to servers and how DNS and everything works and later on even learned how to do everything with the ubb board ! Well for 2 or 3 months every night we would work on that site and just bounce ideas and graphics off each other. And it was finally made. Dodge R/T history- Charger R/T, Coronet R/T, Dakota R/T | DodgeRTclub.com. It quickly became flame bait and the lightning owners came over. There was one guy that asked me to help him with a site of his own. BlkSVTTruck on here who contacted me on AIM and we started bouncing ideas off each other. He was very pumped and at the time had another buddy by the name of ZorPrime that helped with everything also. We then started doing everything. Dave bought a UBB Board and I started making the graphics and HTML. This site started out as just a project while I was sick fighting Hodgkins Disease to pass the time and to learn a new skill. Because of this site I know have very good knowledge of alot of stuff like html and photoshop.. There is nothing that I made originally left on the site but I still smile everytime I come in here to see what Steve has made it. He has taken it to a new level. There has been alot of fights and alot of other stuff on the board over the years but truthfully i've still never found a place on the net even half this cool.. This was a short summarized version. I could prolly go on for days about it ! But I can't stand reading more than 30 lines!

SweetSVT99
Nick pretty much summed everything up. I had nothing to do with the startup of this site, in fact I started as a moderator. (though I was here the first day the site started). I eventually become an administrator, then went on to acquire the ownership of the domain and webserver. From that point on I have made many small changes, and a few major ones in an effort to improve the overall quality of the site.

Last edited:

ssssnake

Established Member
No, Travis (Sid) bought Steve out about 5 years or so ago. He could give you a certain date for sure.

mario23_15

Established Member
According to whois:

Domain Name: SVTPERFORMANCE.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: Domain Names | The World's Largest Domain Name Registrar - GoDaddy.com
Name Server: GINA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: GREG.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Updated Date: 10-sep-2011
Creation Date: 09-nov-2000
Expiration Date: 09-nov-2013

So November 9, 2000. :beer:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th.

We should all know this is when svtp truly came to be.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
i started lurking in 2000, there was like 2000 members. i believe this site merged with another. there used to be an SVTPerformance.net that bombed.

shit here was so different back then. not too many old timers still around.

Last edited:

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
i started lurking in 2000, there was like 2000 members. i believe this site merged with another. there used to be an SVTPerformance.net that bombed.

shit here was so different back then. not too many old timers still around.

What site merged? I dont recall, and I am an old timer. Correct, things were different back then...way different.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
That's funny. I used to post on fordvschevy a lot. I also remember the stories about the Dakota RT brothers. Who says the internet is big?

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
What site merged? I dont recall, and I am an old timer. Correct, things were different back then...way different.

in a thread a while back, i was asking what had happened to that particular site, because it vanished and he said it merged with this one. i dont know any particulars about it tho.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I joined back in November 2000 when SVTP just started. I was using 95rcobra back then as my username. But the whole SVT Mustang craze started back in 1993 with the first Cobra. No question things were different back then.

Fuerza

Established Member
I remember first coming here in 2002 watching grainy videos of Nitrous Pete's red Terminator. Memories...

Users who are viewing this thread