What's it worth mach1

jhonda

Established Member
My dad is thinking about selling his 04 yellow mach1. It's a automatic completely stock with just flow master mufflers installed. And only has 9000 miles on it. Perfect condition no flaws whatsoever. How much should he ask for it. He would sale it to me, I'm just not in a position to buy it.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2004/Ford/Mustang-V8-5-6-Spd-AT/Coupe-2D-MACH-1/Values

NADA is giving it a fairly good pricing for clean trade in and retail. I honestly think however that these prices may not actually hold up to real world. Here's the problem as I see it. If he tries to sell the car outright in a place where Terminator's are in the same market, there's no way he'll get 15k for it when people can spend a bit more and get a Terminator (that probably isn't quite as nice, but you know...Termi).

If you're dad is at all looking to replace the car, it's probably worth it to trade the Mach 1 and use the tax savings on the new vehicle. If it was me looking, I would probably offer around 13.5k for it as that's what I would realistically pay for a Mach 1 myself, especially considering it's an auto equipped car.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
$8-10k max I see auto M1's around here. Dont know if the uber low mileage helps since its not a sought after combination.

Ill see a M1 on craigslist for $9k and get excited and want to buy it just cause, then realize its an auto and get all frowny faced.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
$8-10k max I see auto M1's around here. Dont know if the uber low mileage helps since its not a sought after combination.

Ill see a M1 on craigslist for $9k and get excited and want to buy it just cause, then realize its an auto and get all frowny faced.

I agree, that auto poison's the value of the car. Being super low miles is great and should help some, but I think that it's not a manual will detract more. Still think it's probably a better bet to trade the car instead of selling outright.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Hmmm.. 9k miles on it & auto? I'd say you'd get a good "tree fitty" for it
hqdefault.jpg

ps. never go KBB or NADA check local listings to get an accurate estimation of actual market value as it differs from that of what is on KBB. Otherwise you could be sitting on a car trying to sell it for A) what it's not worth or B) less than what it may be worth.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Don't forget the auto Mach 1's only have a 6 bolt cast crankshaft vs the manual 8 bolt forged crankshaft

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I would think the Auto and Screaming Yellow combo would warrant a little extra value. I come up with NADA $15,500 ish. I think that would be a pretty fair price. Might start out asking $16,500. Just going to take the right buyer looking for that exact combo.

Mach828

Established Member
I'd say $16k. There are people who want low mileage Mach 1s.

$8-$10k is a stupid answer. You can't compare the 100k mile cars to one with under 10k miles. Lower mileage = more value. Basic concept.

Here is a $3k mile AB auto that was just on ebay. Went up to $16k.

ebayauto_zpsim1kkdw9.png

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's nice coin for that Azure Blue Mach 1. Having only 3,250 miles certainly helped a lot.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
My dad is thinking about selling his 04 yellow mach1. It's an automatic and completely stock with just Flowmaster mufflers installed. It also only has 9000 miles on it. Perfect condition, no flaws whatsoever. How much should he ask for it? He would sell it to me but I'm not in a position to buy it.

Made this a bit easier to read.

Your father only put 9,000 miles in 11 years? Was it just a show car or something? I would probably start at $15,000 and take no less than $11,500.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I'd say $16k. There are people who want low mileage Mach 1s.

$8-$10k is a stupid answer. You can't compare the 100k mile cars to one with under 10k miles. Lower mileage = more value. Basic concept.

Here is a $3k mile AB auto that was just on ebay. Went up to $16k.

ebayauto_zpsim1kkdw9.png

Did it actually sell?

Sorry but I wouldnt even consider an auto mach1 a buy even with 9k on it. The market for someone looking for a low mileage mach1 is niche enough, those willing to settle with ford's terrible 4spd automatic of that day is even less. Better off trading it into a dealership that doesnt know any better and getting the tax writeoff.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
OP, a lot of people view what they think about a car as representative of the whole market. Far from it. Out there is someone who doesn't care about different crankshafts and Terminators, who wants automatic and will pay for a low mileage car. If there is no rush to sell the car I would detail it and start by listing it for 14,000 and see what happens. It's all about exposure, good pictures and a well written ad.

Mach828

Established Member
Did it actually sell?

Sorry but I wouldnt even consider an auto mach1 a buy even with 9k on it. The market for someone looking for a low mileage mach1 is niche enough, those willing to settle with ford's terrible 4spd automatic of that day is even less. Better off trading it into a dealership that doesnt know any better and getting the tax writeoff.
Yes it was an auto. It didnt sell that listing but the bids show what people were willing to spend for it. It sold on a second listing but as a buy it now with best offer accepted so it doesnt show the price.
What...the 4r70 is a great OD transmission for the time. I wish I had bought a low mileage auto vs the manual. Because I am finishing up my 4r70 swap now. Along with a lot of cobra guys who also have done the swap.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yes it was an auto. It didnt sell that listing but the bids show what people were willing to spend for it. It sold on a second listing but as a buy it now with best offer accepted so it doesnt show the price.

Figures.

Bids are what people say they want for it, thats not concrete. Its like the equivalent of craigslist tire kickers. They say they are gonna buy it but you never hear from them again.

What...the 4r70 is a great OD transmission for the time. I wish I had bought a low mileage auto vs the manual. Because I am finishing up my 4r70 swap now. Along with a lot of cobra guys who also have done the swap.

Unfortunately its not 2000 anymore. An auto 4spd is a terrible transmission in any car. Sorry to see you are neutering your cars.

Ubergeist

Established Member
LOL @ 10K. I'll buy it right mow for that.

I'd wait for 15. If it has no paint work, someone will want it.

Mach-Devil

At least 15k, auto will lower the value a bit but low mileage mach's still bring a penny. Here in Toronto low mileage mach's bring about 25k haha.

mikevec87

Established Member
I bought my 03 auto white Mach for 9k And immediately did a 5spd tranny swap... now wishing i I would have just got a 03/04 cobra. Still love the mach just wish ida researched more lol

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
where is the car located? i put 13 or 14k on a similar car last year for trade. it should retail for 15+k all day long imo

Users who are viewing this thread