What's it worth? (Rusty 96' with $12k+ in parts)

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I'd be quite curious to hear what it sold for if it is gone and you're willing to share.

I would have been surprised if you had seen more than $3,000 at most. It's needs body work, needs major mechanicals and its a convertible...

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
It was a fun car when he was driving it. Great car too. I know the death eater well lol.

Did it sell already? That would be great! But not sure on that. Hopefully it does before he moves.
Can sell the khumos separately for sure.

Good luck bud!

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
I'd be quite curious to hear what it sold for if it is gone and you're willing to share.

I would have been surprised if you had seen more than $3,000 at most. It's needs body work, needs major mechanicals and its a convertible...

Yeah, a bunch of people told me $5k+ easy because of all the parts when I first posted it for sale but that hasn't exactly panned out. For someone that's going to part it out and sell it I think that's a great price (hell the convertible top is still in perfect shape so that has some good value) but it's going to be tough to find that person on short notice. All things considered, the 2 sets of R58 wheels, 2000 Cobra R brakes, built rear, and headers/mid pipe/exhaust would easily sell for $5k and there are a hell of a lot more parts than that on the car :)

nxhappy

Established Member
unfortunately, aftermarket parts don't mean shit to the average joe. Doesn't matter if you spent $40k on parts, the blue book IS the blue book. ACtually, older cars have better value if they are bone stock, especially older cobras. To get a good sale value, you need to get it running. If it's not running and it's rusted, you literally lose like %50-60% value, if not more. I know you don't wanna hear that, but its the truth. Honestly, it sounds like you should just keep it.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Good luck with finding your buyer. Sad to see one of the OG's move on but I get it.

Legitimately, I would purchase it from you and part it if we weren't 900 miles apart. I wish my parents still lived in Columbia and could run down and grab it from you.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Yeah, it guts me to sell it but the new place we're moving to doesn't allow/have space for more than 2 cars per apartment and between it and the Miata I have to keep the one that's going to be cheaper to run at the race track since I'd love to get back to a few autocross events per year at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread