What's it worth?

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Looks like my Cobra will be up for sale :(
I wanted to ask you guys what I should ask for it.

It's a 04 Redifre. Build date is 02/19/2004
I have a lot of documentation of the parts that have gone in the car including receipts. The previous owner was very detail oriented and kept all of his paperwork in order. The previous owner bought the car with 34,600 miles so the mods have about 5k on them. Any parts or work that I've done or added are within the last 2 k miles. Here’s what’s been done to the car off the top of my head.

IRS was rebuilt with new bushings.
New inner and outer belt
All new pulleys and tensioner on the inner drive
New tensioner pulley for the Supercharger drive
Billetflow Redfire pulleys and Snub Idler.
New A/C Compressor (I replaced it because I saw my stock one was leaking a little bit and I was already replacing the pulleys and tensioner)
Front Snout was rebuilt at 38k
All fluids have been recently flushed.
MGW Orange Shifter
Magnaflow catback
UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant.
Metal expansion tanks for intercooler and coolant res.
Aftermarket aluminum radiator
170 Thermostat
HUGE aftermarket heat exchanger.
UPR CC plates.
It also has the UPR Billet Engine dress up. (The previous owner bought it and spent about $400 on it)
Tune was done by Gil Nevarez at Shelby in Las Vegas.
Diablosport Handheld.
JLT Ram Air.
Shorty Antennea
Stainless bumper inserts.
Chrome 17's with NEW NT555's with replacement warrentys. Have about 4k on them. (Comes with replacement warranty from discount tires)
New FRPP TOB (less than 1k miles ago)
I also have an entire bin of stock parts that would have come off the car and new parts that never went on.
No accidents.
It's always been in NV so there is no rust or corrosion.
Has 1 dent on the drivers side door. It's hard to see but, I know it's there.

I have a folder full of receipts and invoices. I also have the Build Cert.

Mileage is at 39,8xx

Last edited:

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
qe8y3a2e.jpg

ytedumym.jpg

uvuha4ur.jpg

a6fa41ae-300a-3825.jpg

a6fa41ae-3010-637f.jpg

From when I first bought it. It now has the JLT,CC PLates, and the pulley guard has been removed (still have it)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
I would probably say to list it at $23,000 and work from that. Thats just my .02 though. Give yourself enough room to negotiate and find your bottom dollar. The car looks really clean man, shame you need to let her go.

Edit: Just saw the book value for the car in excellent condition is nearly $23k, so you have that as a bit of leverage. Just depends on how bad the buyer wants it. I paid a little more for mine than what some people think, but I really wanted the car I have now. :beer:

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I agree, I think 23000 would be a perfect list price.

Be prepared for morons to come along and tell you thats "way too much...such n such with this n that sold for xxxxx..." Bla, bla bla. Those people don't understand the concept of a sale transaction and how there's a list (ask), a subsequent offer...and then finally a negotiated sale price. All 3 of those numbers will probably be different.

Nice car and good luck :beer:

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I don't WANT/HAVE to get rid of it. Work will be taking me to CA or OH (bumper to bumper traffic or snow) so I'd rather it go to someone who will take good care of it and really enjoy the car.

I think I'll list it for $21,000. I'm more concerned with breaking even with the car rather than making money on it as long as it sells to an SVTP member. - Craigslist, well, they pay full price lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice of you to give SVTP members a bit of a break. I would go much under the $21K number with the mileage and mods you listed. Mainly the mileage. That looks to be a really nice one. Should sell pretty fast IMO.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Nice of you to give SVTP members a bit of a break. I would go much under the $21K number with the mileage and mods you listed. Mainly the mileage. That looks to be a really nice one. Should sell pretty fast IMO.

Would or would not sell for $21k?

I figured that since SVTP has SAVED me so much money by being able to look up answers to my questions, it would be my way of paying the members back for their time and knowledge. I only ask that the new owner post up pics every now and then :beer:

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Sucks you're gonna sell it. You can't buy a little beater commuter and garage the cobra for later? It's pretty fun having a cobra in southern cal.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Sucks you're gonna sell it. You can't buy a little beater commuter and garage the cobra for later? It's pretty fun having a cobra in southern cal.

I guess I could. But, where would I park 3 cars?! I still have a TBSS lol.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
I'd sell the TBSS and get something a little cheaper. You'll kick yourself for selling your Termy.

I had an 03 10th that I sold a few years back to an SVTP member, I miss it all the time. What's cool is we still keep in touch and talk cars every now and then.

The TBSS is affordable enough for me to keep. Plus, dealers want me to roll in negative equity - I refuse to pay the dealer to take my trade.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
I think 21 is a bit cheap. Should sell quickly.

That means someone is gonna get a great deal! Like I said, I just want to break even and let another enthusiast enjoy the car rather than me letting it sit in storage.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Don't see this too much:
hyvysu2u.jpg

I'm gonna miss this car when it's gone. Until then, I'm going to enjoy staring at it since I would rather not put many more miles on it :/

Users who are viewing this thread