Whats my chances of beating top hp cars of today.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
Have 2 family members with 2020 camaro zl1 stock and a 2020 hellcat charger stock do I have any chances of beating there times in a 1/4 mile ? haven't been to the track yet.
03 terminator list of mods
2.3 whipple
3 upper pulley
Rxt 1200 clutch
2 gen head cooling mod
Full tilt boogie bushings
Level 5 half shafts
465 pumps e85 tuned
Qa1 rear adjustable shocks
Bigger coolant tanks
R888r toyos tires
Subframe connectors
Good bit supporting mods

Attachments

• 652993009.jpg
    652993009.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 199

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Against the Hellcat, pretty good. They put down similar power numbers stock but weigh like 700lbs (at least) more than your car. Unless he's on DRs, you'll be fine. Even then, you should still pull a W.

The ZL1 race might be close of you mess up a launch. They dyno around 50-60whp less bit make 50wtq more than your car. If you have a good launch, you'll back half him pretty good.

Practice your launches.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
At the track or on the street?

Hellcat from a stop could probably go either way. If he's got a decent tire and can hook, I think you'll be playing catch-up depending on how you launch.

Auto or stick ZL1's? I crept away from an auto 6th gen on the street and I make less power than you. He ran low 11's that same day at the track. If either or both are stick, advantage in your direction assuming you can drive.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
I'm pretty decent at banging the gears but I do need to practice launching more if I can't get em next weekend I have a 2.85 upper and maybe some drag radials will get the job done but the best time for the zl1 with et mickey Thompsons was 11.35

railroad

Established Member
What rear gears? Throw everything out of the car you do not need. Throw a half can of Octanium in about a half tank of premium gas.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
What rear gears? Throw everything out of the car you do not need. Throw a half can of Octanium in about a half tank of premium gas.

Octanium is kinda a waste since it's a Terminator so not advancing timing or anything unless you do it in the tune. Plus on e85 already. I have a slightly lighter car (SRA, racing seats, AL block, etc) but usually on par with them when I was around that power level. Also, depends on the dyno if those are happy or sad numbers. If the others are autos going to be a little bit trickier.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
I'm running e85 at the moment I have 3:73s gears I'm only running 15#s of boost I could easily push it to 700rwhp with my set up but we made a deal to run with what I have now I took out the spare tire jack I couldn't maybe remove the front driver seat and rear as well. if it was a roll race I pretty sure It would be a easy win.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I'm running e85 at the moment I have 3:73s gears I'm only running 15#s of boost I could easily push it to 700rwhp with my set up but we made a deal to run with what I have now I took out the spare tire jack I couldn't maybe remove the front driver seat and rear as well. if it was a roll race I pretty sure It would be a easy win.

Might want to keep that one ;-)

On the street with R888 I've had good luck with a quick rolling spin to clean/heat the tires and go. Usually spins first a little rolling in to the throttle but hooks nice hitting second and after that.

nitrojunk

Established Member
i have similar setup and made 647HP and 585Tq .. recently played with a ZL1 with exhaust and not sure what else.. I had 4 people in my Cobra and he was alone .. From like 60-130 - He took off first and gained 2-3 cars but by the time we hit like 110 I was reeling him in pretty good

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
On a roll should be a good run get a vid if you can. At the drag will be whoever's on better tires/suspension will win. Be careful launching to hard on a 1st run a cement wall one side then another car to the other. Bad recipe, do some test hits by yourself on the street first.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
Yes I'm gonna start off with soft launches to see how it hooks then bring it up a bit I'll definitely get a vid when we do a roll race I've been in both cars and i can say the terminator pulls harder then both since its been tuned for e85.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
You have plenty left on the table hp/tq wise with just a pulley swap. I'm running a 2.3 gen2 with an RR 2.6 upper @ 22psi and make 714/680 on E85

However, it's pretty much impossible to dig launch on 305/35/18 R888s. Makes a fine roll racer tho! 3rd and 4th charge hard. But would take much more serious rim/tire to launch well

q6543

Established Member
Nah.. hellcats and ZL1s are never actually "stock".

Especially if you've never been to the track, for all you know they're gonna chop that tree down.

I guess you'll run low 12s.. maybe high 11s

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
You have plenty left on the table hp/tq wise with just a pulley swap. I'm running a 2.3 gen2 with an RR 2.6 upper @ 22psi and make 714/680 on E85

However, it's pretty much impossible to dig launch on 305/35/18 R888s. Makes a fine roll racer tho! 3rd and 4th charge hard. But would take much more serious rim/tire to launch well

Not sure he's 17 or 18, on 17s R888 I can roll out and give it pretty good power after that in first. Spins a bit but hits 2nd hard. Think the key is not too get too excited and just blast the tires off.

railroad

Established Member
Octanium is kinda a waste since it's a Terminator so not advancing timing or anything unless you do it in the tune. Plus on e85 already. I have a slightly lighter car (SRA, racing seats, AL block, etc) but usually on par with them when I was around that power level. Also, depends on the dyno if those are happy or sad numbers. If the others are autos going to be a little bit trickier.
Yeah, I missed the E85 part. Although the 03 computer is not as adaptive as the later stuff, it does use knock sensors, thus the logic for oct booster, if it WAS gasoline, my mistake.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Yeah, I missed the E85 part. Although the 03 computer is not as adaptive as the later stuff, it does use knock sensors, thus the logic for oct booster, if it WAS gasoline, my mistake.

03-04 don't have knock sensors. Got rid of them after 01 "due to noise" from the blower I guess and didn't come back till later gens. Not sure when they came back, I want to say they didn't come back till 13-14.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
03-04 don't have knock sensors. Got rid of them after 01 "due to noise" from the blower I guess and didn't come back till later gens. Not sure when they came back, I want to say they didn't come back till 13-14.
I do believe there is a spot for them on the terminator Ford just didn't use them. They started in the 10 gt500 and my 11 for sure had them. Before being pullied with good gas would go up to 26-28 degrees if I remember right. Whatever the tune is set for will be the max then pull timing if it does knock. Cheap insurance and safer for the motor. I did go through a rough time having a loose header bolt. Made the knock sensors go crazy down to 12 degrees until I figured it out.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
I gotta week till we head off to the track so let's say if I went with a stickier tire what would you guys recommend to stand a fighting chance ?

Users who are viewing this thread