What's one thing someone told you about a car that made you think "What?"

MFE

Established Member
I once watched a guy spin a taurus in the snow and stuff it in a ditch. I stopped to help, and he got out, hopping mad, bitching about these goddamned rear wheel drive cars.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I was told that my buddy who wrecked his GTO had slicks on the back of it. I told them Toyo R888 are not a slick, but are an autocross tire and slicks are not legal on the street. The look I got was as if I had 3 heads. I gave up and left

92LX302

Established Member
Ha. I'm a LEO, and yesterday me and my coworker were at a scene. I drive a Sedan Interceptor (3.7/AWD) while he drives a previous gen PPV Tahoe (2WD). We also have a 4WD Tahoe at the office.

The driveway leading back to the highway was a big hill and was covered in ice from a recent snow storm.

An random guy got out and told us 'That RWD will never make it up that hill'. I thought he was pretty sharp for recognizing the Tahoe as a 2WD. Then I realized he was pointing at the Interceptor.

dan_dmg_gt01

Established Member
Those wouldn't be the mythical Mustang "GTS" that people used to swear existed for the '94-'98 SN95, would they?

No, I'm referencing people who still have this idea that any vehicle Ford sells to police departments, have a list of performance parts unavailable to the general public.

GodStang

Established Member
We have a nice "Termi" guy that we hang out with. Problem is he is always just a tad off with his info. I always let it go because I don't want to be the ass that always corrects people but it is like nails on a chalk board with the incorrect info.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Being that I work at a dealership/Volvo specifically, I hear often how fast a trade-in is. The fastest thing a lot of these guys have ever driven was a 2015 Evo X we took in on trade. They're just adamant about that car pushing my shit in.

Oh, and the V/S60 Polestar too. Lol

Those wouldn't be the mythical Mustang "GTS" that people used to swear existed for the '94-'98 SN95, would they?

But the 1995 GTS (and maybe 1994?) is actually a thing.

Zemedici

Established Member
IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

@GT Premi car runs 8s

Surround yourself with better peers, sir. No one you know has heard of a GTS? My goodness.

Kiohtee

Established Member
The GTS was a one year run for 1995 if I'm remembering correctly. In 1996 it turned into a "248A" car.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
The GTS was a one year run for 1995 if I'm remembering correctly. In 1996 it turned into a "248A" car.
Sure did...Had a moonlight blue one!
Slow as hell lol...but she was pretty lol

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Not me... but I don't follow Chrysler very close. And I really dislike the 300's.

Exactly the point. If someone doesn't follow Mustangs, there's no way they're going to know what a Mustang GTS that was only made for one year in the dark ages of Mustang design is. The 300M Pro Am was a very nice car, BTW. Not as nice as the 300M Special, though.

Zemedici

Established Member
Exactly the point. If someone doesn't follow Mustangs, there's no way they're going to know what a Mustang GTS that was only made for one year in the dark ages of Mustang design is. The 300M Pro Am was a very nice car, BTW. Not as nice as the 300M Special, though.

which would make sense

Except you're on a mustang website

and own two mustangs

Users who are viewing this thread